• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Scarpa F1 GT (women's) Review (2022-2023, 1st generation)

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Hey I got the new Scarpa F1 GT. It's like the Scarpa F1 LT, except no boa, it uses one buckle for the bottom (over the foot) instead of the boa. The top is like the F1 LT which has one buckle and one strap. I felt that while the buckle is more weight, it held my ankle in better than the boa.

(On the Scarpa Gea, we have the ankle strap which helps with holding in the ankle.)

I got a custom footbed and heat molding in addition to some volume neoprene as my feet are generally quite low volume.

There was a recall on these boots if purchased in Fall 2022 to early winter 2023. I emailed Scarpa and they sent me the replacements right away. Mainly the head of 4 screws was different. I went to the local shop and they replaced them for me. I didn't have a problem before or after.

On the Uphill:
- the boot climbs well. As you can see, full range of motion is provided by the boot and can get long strides out of the boot.
- the boots are supremely light.
- can wear them with tongue out or tongue in. The sleeve that goes up to mid calf keeps snow out if tongue is out.
- I had the boots fitted and I did multi day tours in the spring. Spring typically causes all types of foot problems. Luckily Scarpa usually is kind to me with the intuition liners. I had to add preventative taping as the first day, the first tour up was fine, but when I went to transition back up, I noticed it rubbing on my inside heels. I went back to the lodge and taped it back up... it was pink at the time. Over the course of a week, while I noticed it at times, it ended up healing under blister pads for the first few days and the leukotape. I wore the leukotape for the entire week (in fact I'm still wearing it) and the inside of my heels are doing so well.

Taking the boots on and off:
- these are a lot harder to take on and off than my scarpa gea's -- that said those boots (scarpa gea's) are like bedroom slippers, so a bit of an unfair comparison. I don't mind a bit of wrestling with the boot and I have figured out a pattern that works for me.

Taking the liner out of the boot and putting it in after drying:
- again this is quite difficult, however if I pinch the heel into the sleeve I find that it eventually goes in just fine.
- taking it out, there is some ease that needs to happen. however because the boot is warm from my feet, I find this a bit easier than sliding the liners back in.
- if you can make sure the liner has had some heat before putting the liner back into the boot, this will probably make your life easier.

On the Downhill:
- these boots are 90 flex coming down. They are actually no different than my scarpa gea's which are an older version.
- in consistent conditions, these boots are great.
- in inconsistent or mixed conditions these boots are not as good as the scarpa gea's. they might be too lightweight for that. the scarpa gea's are certainly a touch more burlier.
- for example, if I hit a touch of sludge beneath the pristine pow on the way down, my ski/boot would get caught. On my lightweight skis (Movement Balance), this was a problem, and I'd have to wrestle to stay on top of the skis. After a certain point, I knew to do it, and knew which aspects to look out for on a certain run. On my burlier skis (DPS Zelda A106) the ski was burly enough to just slice through that s*** like butter. The ski is freakin amazing, but also heavy on the uphill track. It didn't matter that the boots were lightweight.

Transitioning to Downhill:
- occasionally the back piece that holds the ski mode down would get snow or ice or both attached to it (the part on the boot, not the clip itself, bc in walk mode it's usually by the strap). When transitioning, even though I clipped in, I would lean forward/fore and aft to make sure it didn't slip out bc occasionally it did slip out. If it did slip, I used my pole to chip away at the snow or ice on the back of my boot, and try again. I had to repeat it at most 2x in order to ensure it wouldn't slide out, mostly 1x or not at all.

In Retrospect:
- If I know the conditions are mixed but I have a long day ahead of me, I'd choose the scarpa gea and movement skis.
- If I know the conditions are pristine and I have a long day ahead of me, I'd choose the scarpa F1 GT and movement skis
- If I know the conditions are pristine and I have a short day, I'd choose the scarpa F1 GT and the DPS Zelda A106
- If I know the conditions are mixed and I have a short day, I'd choose the scarpa gea and the DPS Zelda A106

I hope this is helpful! Please ask questions

IMG_0120 Small.jpegIMG_0119 Small.jpegIMG_0122 Small.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna