• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Saying Goodbye to TapaTalk

MissySki

Angel Diva
I also miss Tapatalk,
I still like it. I predict I will participate on the forum less frequently midday. Although ... that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Agreed, I almost exclusively used Tapatalk. It would also prompt me with replies to things I'm watching etc., so I'd be more apt to look during the day as things happened on my phone.

altagirl

Staff member
I also miss Tapatalk,

Agreed, I almost exclusively used Tapatalk. It would also prompt me with replies to things I'm watching etc., so I'd be more apt to look during the day as things happened on my phone.

Same here. Having the app sending me notifications brought me to the forum a lot of times a day. Now I have to think about it, go into my browser and type it in, etc. And I virtually exclusively check the forum on my phone.

The forum does work fine via my browser in terms of reading and posting. (It didn't used to a year or so ago - I used to get weird glitchy errors). But losing the tapatalk notifications to check the forum when someone posted on a thread I've been active, in, etc. - it's odd.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, sorry about this, for all you Tapatalk lovers. But the spamming problems were just too extensive and too much of a pain to deal with. I'm done with it.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
Good riddance! I found it really hard to navigate. It always wanted to give me the latest on threads I had already responded to, but I found it less than intuitive to find new threads.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've always had email notifications of forum activity based on my settings, whether I've been using the browser or not. I found Tapatalk's notifications to be distracting; I prefer to get my notifications only when I check my email for them.

altagirl

Staff member
I've always had email notifications of forum activity based on my settings, whether I've been using the browser or not. I found Tapatalk's notifications to be distracting; I prefer to get my notifications only when I check my email for them.
I'm the opposite, but that's because I have hundreds of emails a day and the last thing I want are more emails. When I had a tapatalk notification, I knew it was a skidiva thing, so that made it much easier to notice.

SkadiSkiGrrl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I prefer not being so connected that I can connect to everyone, everywhere on my iPhone. I used Tapatalk a couple of times, but prefer just to wait till I get home and in front of my desktop to connect to Skidiva. I like keeping my head up and my eyes connected to the real world around me. Plus, using the iPhone all the times makes my vision go blurry for the rest of the day. Unless it's an emergency or very convenient to do so, I prefer to keep the phone in my pocket as much as possible. Don't get me wrong. I like the convenience, but find too much of it a hindrance to getting on with life.

altagirl

Staff member
I'm also probably an oddball that I have two phones - one for work (must look at notifications on a regular basis on weekdays, but it's only work stuff and texts from my husband, etc.) and a personal phone where I look at stuff when I have time. I'm often days behind on personal email and feel like I spend half my life unsubscribing from things yet somehow it just keeps getting worse... Basically, I don't tend to see personal emails in a very timely manner. So the tapatalk notifications were actually nice. (I won't use email notifications because by the time I get to the email, I've long since checked the forum.) And tapatalk had it's own icon, so I knew what it was. If I have time, I look at it. If not - I'm generally not even looking at that phone in the first place.

Anyway, not that big of a deal. Hah, mainly it just shows how easily distracted I am. When I'm on my phone and instead of just clicking on the tapatalk notification, I go into my browser to go to skidiva, half the time I end up somewhere else. Yeesh...

Vista freak

Angel Diva
I was never able to figure out how to work the forum through Tapatalk. Since the forum worked directly from my phone and tablet, i just deleted the ap.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Tapatalk is still disabled for the forum, if that's what you're asking.

Jilly

Staff member
Yeah, I don't use it. I got wondering if I should upgrade it as per the email. Don't think I will at the moment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna