• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Santa Ana 84! Thanks for the help - love love love!

bluebluerose

Diva in Training
First I want to say thanks to all of you, especially @Analisa and @elemmac who gave me such great advice about intermediate skis. Shortly after that chat, I had the opportunity to get a used pair of Santa Ana 84s in 165 length from someone in my circle who skied twice this year and decided it wasn't for her. If it hadn't been for this forum, I would have felt too intimidated to pick up a set of gear like this. I tried them out for the weekend and noticed the things you ladies from the thread had discussed, where before I just would have been happy to make it down the hill in one piece.

They're of course not as big as the famous 93s or well-liked BP 88s, but given that I'm sticking to groomed trails I don't think I will miss that width. Maybe another year when my skills improve.

These skis do everything I want them to do, even though at my skill level I'm not asking for much. It's like having a trained British butler living in my middle class three bedroom American home. "Madam, I've sorted the recycling and warmed your slippers. Dinner will be a (checks notes) reheated DiGiorno's Pizza, per your request. I suggest you pair the Black Cherry Fresca or perhaps the diet A&W to accompany it. I've also located your TV remote and reminded your son to walk the dog. Will there be anything else?"

Turns are so easy! Going ZOOM is so much fun! Getting slowly down a steep narrow chute I didn't belong in cause misread the map doesn't make me wish I'd finalized my will!

Again if it hadn't been for all of you chiming in about skis and intermediates I would have been way too intimidated for these skis. As it is I'm happy and in LOVE with these skis! Thank you Divas!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First I want to say thanks to all of you, especially @Analisa and @elemmac who gave me such great advice about intermediate skis. Shortly after that chat, I had the opportunity to get a used pair of Santa Ana 84s in 165 length from someone in my circle who skied twice this year and decided it wasn't for her. If it hadn't been for this forum, I would have felt too intimidated to pick up a set of gear like this. I tried them out for the weekend and noticed the things you ladies from the thread had discussed, where before I just would have been happy to make it down the hill in one piece.

They're of course not as big as the famous 93s or well-liked BP 88s, but given that I'm sticking to groomed trails I don't think I will miss that width. Maybe another year when my skills improve.

These skis do everything I want them to do, even though at my skill level I'm not asking for much. It's like having a trained British butler living in my middle class three bedroom American home. "Madam, I've sorted the recycling and warmed your slippers. Dinner will be a (checks notes) reheated DiGiorno's Pizza, per your request. I suggest you pair the Black Cherry Fresca or perhaps the diet A&W to accompany it. I've also located your TV remote and reminded your son to walk the dog. Will there be anything else?"

Turns are so easy! Going ZOOM is so much fun! Getting slowly down a steep narrow chute I didn't belong in cause misread the map doesn't make me wish I'd finalized my will!

Again if it hadn't been for all of you chiming in about skis and intermediates I would have been way too intimidated for these skis. As it is I'm happy and in LOVE with these skis! Thank you Divas!
Awesome!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna