• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Salomon Lumen 99 (2017-18 model)

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone happen to know if the Salomon Lumen 99 changed between the 2017/18 model (the greeny-blue ones) and the 2018/19 model? I've got a pair of the 17/18 skis unmounted and trying to decide whether to keep them. I have the option of demoing the current version, but that only really makes sense if it's the same ski.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Good call - it's the same ski, different graphics. Will demo next week! Thanks!

They are not the same, the 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 are different skis. Salomon changed the construction. It was changed to make it a bit stiffer, more stable while keeping it's lightweight properties. If I recall correctly they made some tweaks to the regular core and added a basalt layer.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They are not the same, the 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 are different skis. Salomon changed the construction. It was changed to make it a bit stiffer, more stable while keeping it's lightweight properties. If I recall correctly they made some tweaks to the regular core and added a basalt layer.
Ah ok. I read about the basalt layer, and did wonder as it's not mentioned on the 17/18 blurb.

teppaz

Angel Diva
For what it’s worth, I was told that the QST 99 (the unisex/men’s version of the Lumen) remained unchanged except for the topsheet.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Addendum: I was also told that next year's QST 99 will be slightly stiffer in the tip to make it flap about less at high speed. I hadn't noticed any of that and was very happy with the version I had, so much so that I'm considering buying it when it's on sale at the end of the season to replace my Line Prophet 98s.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got to demo the QST 99 yesterday and have decided that they're not for me. I think possibly the tune wasn't great on them and I might've liked them more on soft snow - but I'm after something that'll be fun on both soft and firm snow in a ca.100 underfoot ski so I don't think I'll be keeping them.

Thanks all for the information!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've skied next year's version of the 92, and they are markedly improved. I never cared for the previous versions (at all.) They have done a great job with the new version!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna