• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

roxy and rossignol

Chiquita

Diva in Training
2 questions:
1)is the Roxy 2008 Pheonix really Rossignol's womens bandit b2?

2)Roxy Bliss - what level skier is this ski for? ive heard beg, intm and advanced. Help!

thanks!!!! :smile:

TahoeJanine

Certified Ski Diva
Chiquita,
1. In another thread, I posted that I put the Roxy JoyRider back to back with the Rossignol Attraxion V, and they appear to be the identical ski. So it's possible that the Phoenix and the Bandit are identical. You can look at the measurements (tip, waist, tail) for both, and if they're identical, they may be the same ski.

On sierrasnowboard.com, their woman reviewer says that the Roxy Phoenix is "similar" to the Rossignol Bandit 83W.

2. The Bliss is one step below the JoyRider, so I would call it a ski for intermediate to advanced. I would call the JoyRider advanced for sure. Its description and appearance make it seem very similar to the Atomic Hot Minx (fat tips, easy to turn, lightweight). The Hot Minx was very fun to ski but not stable at higher speeds.

TJ

rangergrrl

Certified Ski Diva
I just bought the Roxy Bliss a few weeks ago. I would say they are intermed/advanced. They're just a bit softer flex than the Joyride and a bit more forgiving.

Jilly

Staff member
Roxy was partnered with Dynastar this past weekend at a demo tent, so I'm not sure if they are part of Rossi. Quiksilver bought Rossi, but they are known for clothes.

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Roxy was partnered with Dynastar this past weekend at a demo tent, so I'm not sure if they are part of Rossi. Quiksilver bought Rossi, but they are known for clothes.

Quiksilver also owns Roxy. IN fact, they started Roxy... In 2005, they teamed up with Rossignol's Dynastar brand... Rossignol owns Dynastar.

This was taken from Roxy's website.

Jilly

Staff member
Now I'm really confused. I'm heading to the ski shop at noon, (skis need a tune up before my instructors course next week) and I'll ask and get the word. He's a Rossi dealer, so, should know for sure who's with what!!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last season a Roxy rep told me they were using Jeannie Thoren's/Dynastar's Exclusive line's tech-ness for the Roxy skis. For good measure, we were talking about 06 skis, dunno if it changed or he was wrong or what.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can tell you this much... my new Roxy Joyriders that arrived today were wrapped in plastic that had a label: "Rossignol Joyriders". Made in France.

Confused yet? :wink:

ETA: Ironically, the label that was underneath (why they relabeled, I do not know) was for Phoenix.

Jilly

Staff member
The Rossi rep here in Eastern Ontario is rep'ing Roxy. Might be dropping off something for me tomorrow. So it's confusing isn't it. I'm waiting to see what going to happen with Salomon and Atomic as they are "dirty cousins" now.

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From Wikipedia... gotta love that site...

"Quiksilver, Inc., based in Huntington Beach, California, is one of the world's largest manufacturers of surfwear and other boardsport-related equipment. Its logo, inspired by Hokusai's woodcut The Great Wave off Kanagawa, consists of a large wave with a mountain on a red background.

The company also markets a line of apparel for young girls and women, under the brand Roxy, named after the daughter of one of the founders.[citation needed] Its logo consists of two copies of the Quiksilver logo, one reflected, forming a heart. Quiksilver owns Skis Rossignol, but is pursuing a sale of the ski business.[1] It owned golf equipment maker Cleveland Golf up until October 31, 2007, when it sold the company to a Japanese sporting goods company.[2]

The Company's DC and Hawk brands are also synonymous with the heritage and culture of surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding, and its beach and water oriented swimwear brands include Raisins, Radio Fiji and Leilani. The Rossignol, Dynastar, Lange, and LOOK brands are leaders in the alpine ski market, and the Company makes snowboarding equipment under its Rossignol, Dynastar, DC, Roxy, Lib Technologies, Gnu and Bent Metal labels.

Quiksilver also carries a line of high-end apparel and accessories under its QuiksilverEdition brand. In the fall of 2008, Quiksilver will introduce its newest brand, Quiksilver Womens, aimed at the 18 to 24-year-old demographic.

Quiksilver also supports the worldwide boardriding community through its self-titled foundation launched in 2005. The Quiksilver Foundation works to provide environmental, educational, health and youth-related projects to worthy boardriding communities around the globe.

Quiksilver Travel also offers snow and surf travel packages to exotic locations such as Samoa, Peru and Costa Rica."

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And on Atomic & Saloman...

"Amer Sports Oyj (formerly Amer-Yhtymä Oyj) is a Finnish sporting goods manufacturer, originally established in 1950. Initially an industrial conglomerate with interests as diverse as shipowning, tobacco products and publishing, Amer has gradually evolved into an organisation devoted to the production and marketing of sporting equipment. Today, the company employs over 6,600 people and owns the sports brands Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Precor and Salomon."

"The Salomon Group (also just known as "Salomon") is a sports equipment manufacturing company that originated in Annecy, France. The company was started in 1947 by François Salomon and his wife and child. In 1997 it became part of the Adidas group. On 2 May 2005, Adidas-Salomon announced that it had agreed to sell the Salomon Group for 485 mn Euros to Amer Sports of Finland. The transaction was completed on October 20, 2005."

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And did you know K2 owns Volkl??

"Völkl is a sports equipment manufacturer based in Germany. It is a subsidiary of K2 Sports. Initially it manufactured skis, but has extended its line to snowboards, outerwear, and tennis gear. The American branch is located in West Lebanon, New Hampshire along with its exclusive binding manufacturer, Marker."

And Marker, and Line, and Atlas, Marmot, and Full Tilt...

rangergrrl

Certified Ski Diva
My Roxy Bliss also had Rossignol stickers all over them when they were shipped to me. Most notably the binding box that was labeled Rossignol and had instructions for how to mount the bindings to the Rossignol Attraxion ski. I've looked at both the Attraxion and the Attraxion III and the Roxy Bliss could be either one. It looks and feels the same aside from the different graphics. The bindings that came with mine were labeled Rossi but when installing the binding to ski, I noticed the bindings were actually labeled LOOK. As a side note it looks like with the sale of Rossi the company many not make a Roxy branded ski for next season.

TahoeJanine

Certified Ski Diva
My bindings had an installation booklet labeled "Roxy." The booklet said they the bindings were made by Look. And they "look" and feel like my old Look bindings on my old Dynastar skis. Love'em!

I showed them off to InTheClouds today at a Sierra-at-Tahoe ski day with InTheCloudsBoy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna