• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Roundtop Update

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It snowed a bit the night before last, and last night was cold enough to run a full test on the snow guns. This is how much snow was made in one night! Now we just need a couple of nights in a row...
rtp.jpg

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Get your gear ready ladies. They were still making snow at 10 am this morning. Guns are running at maximum, computerized to be temp sensitive, and the next few nights look great for snowmaking. Anticipated opening is Wednesday, and it is rumored the are focusing on susquehanna, minuteman, fanny hill, powder horn and the discovery area. (Intermediate and easy terrain.). They are even making snow on tubing. When the official opening is announced, I will let you know. Winter has come to central PA! ⛷

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:ski:It's Official! Opening Day Wednesday January 6!

It has been IDEAL snowmaking weather up here. Snow Tubing won't be open yet, but Minuteman, Susquehanna, Lower Lafayette's Leap, J-Bar park, Fife & Drum, Fanny Hill and the Discovery area will be open. Intermediate and Easy terrain with expert to open soon.

Temps are looking to stay cold. Yes, I know some forecasts are calling for some rain Saturday, but remember it is at least 5 degrees cooler than the surrounding area, and 5 degrees can make a big difference. Hope to see you up there! But bring your googles because they may or may not be making snow on the open slopes. (Usually they put the "fire power" on slopes they are trying to open during the operating hours, but this winter has been nuts so who knows.)

I'll put up a report, hopefully with pics, on Wednesday! See ya there soon!

dianakate

Angel Diva
So excited to finally be able to ski! I will definitely be up there this week and one day this weekend. Thanks for the update!

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skiing has been great the last couple of days. Roundtop now has Powderhorn, Drummer Boy, Fanny Hill, Fife and Drum (bottom side has some features), jar terrain park, Minuteman, Susquehanna, upper and lower Lafayettes Leap, Exhibition and Ramrod open. Ramrod straight a little dicey but when they get more snow on it they will groom it flatter, I am sure. Looks to be a great weekend. Last time rain was forecasted at 40%, they got about a 15 minute shower. It actually snowed the night before last. Come on up and have a great day! I sure did toda y.

dianakate

Angel Diva
I so wanted to come up today, but this week is crazy with work. Sunday for sure! So glad to hear that they have so much more terrain open; last Thursday it got a little dull lapping Minuteman and Susquehanna :smile:

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skied Roundtop today (Monday, 1/18) with @alison wong . Great snow, and they are staring to blow snow on Gunbarrel (double black), and Barrett's Trail (easy black) and Recruit (blue). Some guns running on Fife and Drum, but Susquehanna was great. Wonderful snow, out of the wind, and uncrowded. More good snow making this week! It just keeps getting better and better....

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Once I could get down my road to Roundtop (Sunday morning) it was totally awesome. Record setting snow at nearby Harrisburg Airport. Some schools are still closed tomorrow. Some runs have been left at natural, with nice loose soft bumps. Sorry I didn't give you a heads up earlier, but I have been busy as heck teaching and skiing. It has been a ski,eat,sleep, repeat week!

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Given how warm it has been conditions are pretty good here...the big snowstorm left a lot of snow. Looks like Roundtop is going to get two to four inches natural early this week and have great snowmaking weather later in the week. All the runs are open and they have been doing a good job moving snow around to minimize any brown spots on the double black diamonds. (Last to open, thinnest areas that tend to get scraped off.). Presidents Day weekend should be cold but great skiing! I am looking forward to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna