• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rossignol Soul 7 and Sky 7

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
We skied today at Deer Valley. Thank you IKON Pass. It was a beautiful day with excellent snow. Since we have already skied Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude, it made particular sense to ski a mountain that limits ticket sales. It was a little crowded at the base but there is enough mountain to disperse the crowds.

Among the amenities is a Rossignol yurt which provides free demos. Since Mr. skibum is currently on antique skis which are begging for replacement, he decided to demo some new skis. I'm not really in the market, but... it's fun to try new skis. The Rossignol people did a great job of setting up the demos.

I've been seeing a lot of men and women skiing the Sky 7 and the Soul 7. I tried them both. I will do a full review tomorrow because we plan to return to Deer Valley and to continue our demoing.

I enjoyed the Sky 7 but not enough to consider replacing my Nordica Wildfires. However, I really loved the Soul 7. For a pretty wide ski (136-104-126), they are surprisingly nimble. They added some extra fun to my turns. Tomorrow we intend to explore more of the mountain and I want to ski the Soul 7 on some steeper slopes.

I did a search but didn't find much up-to-date information. Do any Divas ski them and if so what do you think of them? Thanks.

Jilly

Staff member
This from another site:

A Soul 7 isn't a bad idea at all. For those poo pooing it, they work fine. Are they hard Corp chargers? No. Are they easy to ski and learn how to deal with powder? Absolutely.

Also I think that this might be the ski that Tatum Monod is on. That or it's the Sky 7. The freeride line is being revamped for next year. So if you want them....get em quick.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We skied today at Deer Valley. Thank you IKON Pass. It was a beautiful day with excellent snow. Since we have already skied Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude, it made particular sense to ski a mountain that limits ticket sales. It was a little crowded at the base but there is enough mountain to disperse the crowds.

Among the amenities is a Rossignol yurt which provides free demos. Since Mr. skibum is currently on antique skis which are begging for replacement, he decided to demo some new skis. I'm not really in the market, but... it's fun to try new skis. The Rossignol people did a great job of setting up the demos.

I've been seeing a lot of men and women skiing the Sky 7 and the Soul 7. I tried them both. I will do a full review tomorrow because we plan to return to Deer Valley and to continue our demoing.

I enjoyed the Sky 7 but not enough to consider replacing my Nordica Wildfires. However, I really loved the Soul 7. For a pretty wide ski (136-104-126), they are surprisingly nimble. They added some extra fun to my turns. Tomorrow we intend to explore more of the mountain and I want to ski the Soul 7 on some steeper slopes.

I did a search but didn't find much up-to-date information. Do any Divas ski them and if so what do you think of them? Thanks.

I have not skied the Soul 7s. But my friend who lives in Utah has been lusting after a pair. Last year she tried to talk the Rossignol reps at the Deer Valley yurt into selling her a pair at the end of the season! While I played on blue terrain she went off for a run down bumpy natural terrain. She’s been on these skis as demos before. Unfortunately a new furnace took buying skis out of her budget last year.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I had the 2017 version of the Soul 7 for a few days at Big Sky last season. Demo skis are kept for a couple seasons around there and rented for a lower price. The stats were 136-106-126, R17, 162cm. I'm petite, 5'0", 111 lbs, older, advanced. Originally wanted the Sky 7 for the storm that started with 5+ inches and continued for a couple days but that wasn't available. Given that it ended up with denser snow, the Soul 7 turned out to be the better choice.

I know from previous demo experience that I like Rossi skis in general. I had a very good time with the Soul 7 in first 5+ inches of dry powder on the sides of groomers, fresh snow on bump runs, and also on groomers. Played with carving them on a green and they worked quite well. The extra float was helpful for tree runs (off Dakota) in knee deep dense snow.

My experience with the Soul 7 at Big Sky is one reason that I jumped on the opportunity to buy the DPS Zelda, 106 underfoot, from a Utah Diva this season. Very different skis, but I'd demo'd the Zelda at Alta at an April demo day a few years ago. More than wide enough as deep powder skis for me and still functional on groomers.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
No experience on the Soul 7's but did have the Saffron 7's for about 3 years. Not the same ski but similar characteristics (honeycomb tips, rocker, etc)

BF has the Soul 7's and loves them and would not ski anything else. He bought them in 2016 and still looking for the older versions without metal.

Very good friend, late 70's, expert skier has the Soul 7 HD's and loves them. She has the 156 and is prob 5'4" and 120 lbs.....
She does not like them on hard pack groomers though. Neither does BF but both use as their one quiver ski.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I demoed them again today in 164. I am 5'1" and 130 lb. Snow was a little firmer and it took me a run or 2 to get used to them. But after that I thought they were fine. It was a great test because I too would ski them as a one ski quiver. I would love to try them in powder. I may have to rent them again if I encounter any significant powder on this trip.

mustski

Angel Diva
I would keep your Nordicas. 104 Is too wide in our California melt freeze cycles in spring. You will need a narrower ski for that teeth chattering, rock hard corduroy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly