• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rossignol Sky7 vs Line Pandora

Daniele

Certified Ski Diva
Hi Ladies,

I'm currently looking at buying a new pair of skis for my Northern Hemisphere trips. I currently own some 2015 Rossignol Saffron 7s, but I really need a longer length and have decided to upgrade. The skis I buy would be used for skiing in Japan, which is powder skiing more often than not or peak season trips to North America. Therefore I want something relatively powder oriented, but that I'll also be able to get by with on the groomers and more variable days.

I've narrowed it down to 2 options; the updated version of what I currently own, the Rossignol Sky 7 HD or the Line Pandora 104.

The reason for the Sky 7 is that I know I like it and wouldn't be taking a risk in just upgrading to a longer length. I demoed this year's model and found it comfortable, being similar to what I have now.

The reason for the Pandora (which I haven't demoed) is based on the great reviews I've read and my partner's opinion on skiing the men's version (Line Sick Day). It sounds like a great ski and perfect for what I want, the only issue is that I haven't demoed and don't know for sure.

Any thoughts from anyone? I'm wanting to take a risk a get the Pandoras, but was wondering if any of you have demoed the Pandora and how it performed on piste and more variable conditions? Or even better, have demoed both and can tell me how they compare to ski?

Thank you

echo_VT

Angel Diva
i tried the new Rossi Sky 7 in powder and absolutely loved it. i tried the line pandora 85 (nowhere near the 104, and a completely different ski i'm told) and i absolutely hated it. i felt like i was skiing on rollerblades. but people here on skidiva love the wider widths - as it's a different ski my thoughts here are probably not helpful b/c they are not the same ski as what you're considering.

in addition to the Rossi Sky 7, i enjoyed the K2 Alluvits in powder. i hope you find your ski!

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have not demoed the Pandoras, but a bought a pair this summer of the 2018s in the 94 waist as my new midfat (I ski mostly in California). I felt fine doing this since my first skis ever were Lines and I know enough about what I like in a ski to buy without demoing on certain skis. I feel like if your SO skis on Lines he can probably give you a good idea of what to expect. They are soft and fun and very forgiving. This year's Pandoras are back to a softer core material (Aspen) after one year going a little stiffer (Maple), so be sure you watch which year's model you are getting. All of that being said, I have never tried any of Rossi's powder skis, and on paper the two look very similar side by side so I think you will be happy with either! :smile:

Daniele

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the advice! In the end the excitement for something different won out and I’ve ordered the Pandoras. Can’t wait to get them and try them out :yahoo:

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yay, congrats on the new skis! Please let us know what you think. I LOVE the topsheets on the Pandoras this year and am trying to find a reason to buy the 104s :smile:

slyfox4

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m off to Japan at the end of this month to go skiing, so I will let you know.
I am really excited to hear how you like them!!!

Belgiangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I demoed the Sky 7 HD 2018 and own the 2018 Pandora 110mm. Liked the Rossi's in powder and soft snow, but found them quite a lot of work on groomers - I vastly prefer the Pandoras, even at 110mm. The 2019 model shouldn't disappoint, I think. I've been saying this a lot lately but I really love those Pandoras!

Daniele

Certified Ski Diva
I’ve had 2 days on the Pandora’s now and am thoroughly impressed. My overwhelming impression of them is that they’re just easy and fun.

First day started out as some groomed and ungroomed hard pack (not icy at all though). It started snowing through the day and by the next day we had 40-50cm (16-20”) of super light powder accumulated.

First day on the hard pack they managed just fine. I was a bit worried about the width, but they felt no wider than my old Rossi Saffron’s (96mm underfoot). Quite stable at speed and happy doing both short and long turns, although the edges obviously don’t bite as hard as a carver and so suspect they may struggle in icy conditions.

On the second day they were fine in all but the deepest sections of powder (~50cm) and that was probably just because I didn’t want to go as fast as I needed to stay properly afloat. My partner, who’s a better skier than I was on the Rossi Sky 7s and was also struggling, so it’s probably just one of those situations were anything but the widest powder skis would struggle, so not expected with the Pandoras. However, in the areas where there was around 30cm, they were great. Also really poppy and fun in the bumps once the runs were chopped up.

Lavybear

Diva in Training
Do you mind sharing what length Pandora’s you got? And what your stats are? Just trying to figure out what length would work for me

Daniele

Certified Ski Diva
Do you mind sharing what length Pandora’s you got? And what your stats are? Just trying to figure out what length would work for me
Hi! I’m 168cm & 75kgs advanced skier and I got the 172cm length (I would have gone longer if they had a longer length like 178 available). They do have quite a lot of rocker so if you’re tossing up between 2 lengths and provided you’re a confident skier I’d say go with the longer length to give you better stability on the hard pack and flotation in powder. The only reason to go shorter would be if you’re petite or your plan is to ski a lot of tight trees. Really though it’s about what length you’re comfortable with.

Lavybear

Diva in Training
I’m 160cm and 50 kg so fairly petite but I ski a 164 cm in th volkl kiku rocket version and 166cm in the coalition sos. I’m trying to decide between 158 and 165 but I’m planning on using it for touring as well. I think longer might work ok based on your descriptions.

Lavybear

Diva in Training
Hi! I’m 168cm & 75kgs advanced skier and I got the 172cm length (I would have gone longer if they had a longer length like 178 available). They do have quite a lot of rocker so if you’re tossing up between 2 lengths and provided you’re a confident skier I’d say go with the longer length to give you better stability on the hard pack and flotation in powder. The only reason to go shorter would be if you’re petite or your plan is to ski a lot of tight trees. Really though it’s about what length you’re comfortable with.
Thanks for the info!

Daniele

Certified Ski Diva
I’m 160cm and 50 kg so fairly petite but I ski a 164 cm in th volkl kiku rocket version and 166cm in the coalition sos. I’m trying to decide between 158 and 165 but I’m planning on using it for touring as well. I think longer might work ok based on your descriptions.
I would definitely go with the 164cm based on the fact you’re skiing that length already in your current skis, even if it is tempting to shave weight off the AT set up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna