• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rolling a tire down a ski jump......

Jilly

Staff member
Why not, except for the damage done. But the statistician in me wanted all the answers. Kind of neat when you think about it.

Pandita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
cool. i just finished a statistics course and would be interesting in seeing what the Standard Deviation was of each.

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Before watching the whole video, I guessed that the sports car wheel would come in first (it came in 3rd). I just thought the big wheels would have the highest air friction, so was surprised to see the two fattest wheels come in 1st and 2nd. Maybe I need to review my physics textbook!!! Haha

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK. Here are the lessons I learned from watching this video.

1) Speed provides stability. (The tires wobble at first, and stabilize once they start picking up speed.)

2) Fatter is not better. (The Formula 1 tire was proportionally the widest, and it underperformed other tires.)

3) More expensive is not better. (The Formula 1 tires, at 1 million yens each, did not give you the money's worth.)

4) Superfat boards are destroying the resorts, but, who cares, since they have such stability and forgiveness, as long as they weigh a ton.

5) People laugh when you succeed. People laugh when you fail. Then they go grab a beer at the lodge. I.e., ignore them.

I'll try to apply these principles to my skiing next season.

:becky:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna