• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

RIP Saddle Shop

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just hopped on to the site of my go to tack shop (Libertyville Saddle Shop) and saw that they're closing their doors after 50 years of business :( I'll be shopping the liquidation sale, so I guess that's a silver lining of sorts. Very sad to see the place go.

skinewengland

Certified Ski Diva
libertyville closeout

I am from WI and shopped the libertyville saddle shop for years, while back home in Wisconsin for a visit I stopped in at the "liquidation sale" 2 weeks ago and was not too pleased, the discounts were not that deep. A lot of western wear and crappy saddles made in Argentina.....

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Wow, Libertyville Saddle Shop...that sure takes me back a half-century-plus! Guess I was there before the present retiring owners, when it was a building in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by fields (and the biggest thing in the region was Hawthorn Melody Farms), for gear, and I'm sure it was pre-1960. Didn't realize they had become such a big online retailer! Too bad, but...All Things Must Pass...

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bummer. I know I'd be pretty cheesed if my local tack shop closed up. I get a bunch of stuff from Dover, but y'know, I really want to be able to check the fit of a pair of breeches before I buy them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly