• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

RIP Ron LeMaster

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Devastated to wake up to the news that Ron was in a fatal on snow collision at Eldora.

His books lived at my bedside for years. Clear, amazing, explanations of skiing and the many movements we use.

Be careful out there ladies!

newboots

Angel Diva
One of the greats! His analytic approach was difficult for me, but I know he was important and his books are classics.

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
I love his books. His use of visuals was unsurpassed. What a loss.

gliss miss

Diva in Training
Devastated to wake up to the news that Ron was in a fatal on snow collision at Eldora.

His books lived at my bedside for years. Clear, amazing, explanations of skiing and the many movements we use.

Be careful out there ladies!
Belonging to PSIA-RM for 50 years, Ron has been a part of my education on and off the snow.
The organization is undergoing a “growth” spurt that will take a while and Ron’s input in the past and future of being a successful coach from beginners on up is leaving a huge void.
Yup, I agree some of his of his writings were difficult to read but his passion and joy was always transparent. RIP.

gliss miss

Diva in Training
Thanks, Snow Monkey, as I went to my ski library and found Ron's "Ultimate Skiing" but can't find "A Skiers Edge", so I'll be ordering it today.
The phrase - "Visiting a place again and knowing it for the first time." seems to apply to me since getting Ultimate in 2010 and looking through it, briefly, today makes me more aware of my development and some better understanding of our sport.
Ron has an article in 32Degrees and is relevant to where PSIA is headed. What a talent, photographer, writer, coach and giving person.
So again, thanks Snow Monkey, for helping me know a place and person for the first time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly