• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

RIP Paul Newman

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just heard on the news that Paul Newman died last night; a great actor and a great humanitarian. I'm saddened at his passing.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I knew he was ill, but there was something very invincible about him. Hard to imagine his mortality. He will be truly missed
I'm a fan of Newman Haas Racing, am deeply saddened for the loss of the team as well as his family.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:Cry:
I was a huge, huge fan, throughout his career.
RIP.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, wow, that's sad to hear. I was never a huge fan just because I'm a little younger and he wasn't as well-known to my generation, but I have a lot of respect for him and the many things he was able to accomplish with his Newman's Own brand.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Not to mention...what a hunk! When I worked in NYC, our office was in the same building as Simon and Schuster, and I was lucky enough to be in the same elevator once. He is as good looking in person as on the screen...and those eyes!!!!:drool:

I read a funny story a while back about a woman who goes into an ice cream shop in the town in Conneticut where he lives. She looks around and sees him sitting at a table and gets very excited, but does't want to bother him, so she goes to the counter orders a cone, pays, gets her change and leaves. When she gets outside, she realizes she doesn't have her cone, so she walks back in, looks around, completely puzzeled, as she is leaving again, she glances over at Paul Newman who is smiling and says "it's in your purse" .

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:ROTF:That's priceless!!!

Two of my favorite movies star Paul Newman: "The Sting" and "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid." He was gorgeous, but he didn't just rely on his good looks to pull him through. I love the humor and character he injected into each role.

I also admire him for his long and loving second marriage (of 50 years this past January) to Joanne Woodward, a wonderful accomplishment for any man, but especially a Hollywood actor of his notoriety. "When asked about infidelity, he once quipped: Why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home?"

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
I am saddened, too. I just loved him and Joan in Empire Falls.

SnowDancer

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Like most people, I knew about Paul Newman through his movies but I had the opportunity to be in his presence several times through my involvement with auto racing. Great sense of humor (quite the prankster!), with genuine talent and a true passion for what he was doing. At the track, he wanted to be just one of the drivers, one of the guys; the racing community honored that wish and, in return, got to enjoy the company of a fun human being who loved life and lived to its fullest - not to mention how he gave back, most visibly through his Hole In The Wall children's camps and Newman's Own food products.

He will be sorely missed.
Condolences to all his family and friends,

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
A short list...

...well, some of my favorites anyway....of great Newman films:

The Long, Hot Summer (with wife Joanne Woodward)

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Exodus

Hud

The Hustler

Cool Hand Luke

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

The Sting

The Verdict

Empire Falls (also w/Joanne)

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was deeply saddened by his passing. Not only am I a huge fan of Paul Newman's films, but also deeply respect the man he was.

I think my bf's mother said it best....

"Every woman loved Paul Newman, and every man respected him."

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Not to mention that he was one of the greatest (and quietest) humanitarians that Hollywood has ever seen.....

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I'm going to have a Paul Neuman fest. Where's my popcorn?
popcorn.gif

I saw him in an interview on Wind Tunnel a few months ago. You know, he was a hottie up to the end.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Hopefully, Turner Classic Movies will soon have a day/night of Newman films, as they often do after passing of a great actor. Will advise if I get word of this. Then - set your DVR.

abc

Banned
Like others of the "younger" generation, I know Newman less by his film but by his brand and the things he gives back.

It's rare someone has such good look NOT to be spoiled. He's some character!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna