• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Riding After a 30-Year Hiatus

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What I love about showing hunter pleasure is that I can buy jackets and breeches off the rack which saves me a considerable amount over a custom saddle suit or western outfit. :D But I'd take a superb saddleseat horse any day over a hunter, so there's the trade off I suppose!

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
What I love about showing hunter pleasure is that I can buy jackets and breeches off the rack which saves me a considerable amount over a custom saddle suit or western outfit. :D But I'd take a superb saddleseat horse any day over a hunter, so there's the trade off I suppose!

LOL! Yep :wink:that's why I've stuck with Dressage for so many years! White pant's, Black Jacket, crisp white shirt, and I'm good! Not very creative but it is easy! My sister sews and can alter jacket fit for me. I understand why the western beading cost so much, it is very time consuming, but why are saddleseat Jackets and pants sooooo expensive plus those always seem to have to be altered. My girlfriend just paid of her daughters new suit it was almost $1200.00! And I was whining about paying $180.00 for a new pair of breeches for training! LOL! My old Tempi's are wearing thin, but I really like the contact with deerskin seat. Very grippy! LOL! Okay well I've killed enough time this morning. It's sunny out today and Bobbie has the day off from school so us Gals are taking our geldings for a good ol' Giddy up girls trail ride!!! Yeee HAW!!!!

perma-grin

This pictures for you Contesstant! We went by rookers today on our trail ride, first good weather all spring! Guess what ran up to greet us? The yearling stud colts were very curious about our boy's being on the other side of the fence! They were adorable!!!! Two more weeks before they let the Mares out with this years group of foals!

Attachments

• 217109_1990381999800_1250861992_2389171_7433392_n[1].jpg
    217109_1990381999800_1250861992_2389171_7433392_n[1].jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 10

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Rooker's know how to breed them! I was actually looking for a video of Apollopalooza, their purebred parkhorse who tragically died a few years ago, way too young. He was my favorite park horse of all time--the epitome of what one should look like and as a purebred, he made it look SO easy!

I love that they raise their young 'ens out like that. So much better for them!

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When contesstant and I were skiing this winter, we were talking about all this since when I was in 4-H we used to work the Arabian Horse Show at Del Mar (a LOONNG time ago). My favorite class was always Native Dress - there is nothing like seeing an Arabian horse in full Arabian garb, rider included. I can only imagine how much those costumes must cost!!

perma-grin, those little guys are might cute!

perma-grin

Lol! I didn't realize my Chrome's ears were in that picture! he was nosing up to a sassy little black colt. Normally I won't let Chrome nose up to horses I'm not sure of, but since Rookers always have their shots and since Dr. Rooker is my vet they know Chrome has his so we are allowed to ride their fence line. And yes the Arab regalia is awesome.

ski.junkie

Certified Ski Diva
When contesstant and I were skiing this winter, we were talking about all this since when I was in 4-H we used to work the Arabian Horse Show at Del Mar (a LOONNG time ago). My favorite class was always Native Dress - there is nothing like seeing an Arabian horse in full Arabian garb, rider included. I can only imagine how much those costumes must cost!!

perma-grin, those little guys are might cute!

Okay... I can't resist. This is me showing our half-Arab palomino in native costume, circa 1977. (And yes perma-grin, those little guys are cute!)

taffy.jpg

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gosh, he's handsome! And the two of you look so good together!! How could the judges resist?

Why thank you! He is quite a horse. I do love him to pieces! There were three judges at that show, two men and a woman. The men both had me second on their card, the woman, 5th. What up with that??! I beat two of 2009's national champions in that class which helped mitigate the fact that I didn't win, because darnit, I wanted to win! :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna