• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Resort for Little Ones and Girls Trip

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
Ok Ladies, I'm out of my element because of location. My niece is a navy wife and has moved back from Guam finally. And she moved to Kittery, ME! Drastic change right?? She has three kids, age 7, 5 and 2. The youngest just saw snow for the first time ever when they moved there in Dec. I've volunteered to go there with my two daughters, age 22 and 20 to help her take the kids skiing for the first time since her hubby is out training. We can go the first week in March, 2-7. Where's the best place nearby that we can take the kids for a few runs, also amuse them with a great ski school/kids camp and provide us some girl time as adults? I don't need the biggest runs and most challenging terrain. We need intermediate scenic meandering trails as my niece hasn't skied in years either. I know, I know, a calm girls trip with toddlers and small children in tow is an oxymoron. But you ladies rock, I'm sure you've got magical ideas for me.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bretton Woods!
brettonwoodsprofile.jpg

A mellow mountain, great for scenic cruising. LOTS of greens and blues with beautiful views. It has easy glades even!
glades.jpg

And this is across the street.
bretton-woods-mount-washington-hotel.jpg
Check out the lobby for apres.
lobby.jpg

Attachments

• images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Check out Waterville Valley. I had a very good time there in December. Clearly a family oriented resort. The teaching area for never-evers is quite separate. The "town center" has everything needed for a relaxed vacation week.

While the terrain is good at Bretton Woods, the lodging options and child-oriented activities at Waterville Valley seem better to me. I stayed in North Conway when I skied Bretton Woods. Has plenty to offer but I would rather go with older kids.

Another possibility is Cranmore. But WV has far more terrain.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Waterville also has some good non-skiing activities for kids according to their brochure. If you get the Freedom Pass you can go to story time at the Curious George Cottage, and they have both open gym and tot open gym.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
North Conway is a good place to get lodging. It is full of things to do and places to go. There's a motel with an indoor waterpark in it on rte 16. Can't remember the name.

If you stay at the Mt. Washington Hotel, they have activities for kids. BWoods has an indoor climbing wall in the main lodge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna