• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Resort COVID-19 safety rules for 2021-22

Jilly

Staff member
Tremblant is not limiting the numbers inside the gondola, but in order to ski you must be vaccinated, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Can't wait for my booster....of all days I will be eligible December 25th!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Got my booster Thursday afternoon and have had a fever since early Friday morning and still sick. Yikes it packed a punch.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Curious how many ski resorts have a vaccination mandate in place?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Curious how many ski resorts have a vaccination mandate in place?
I don't know of any in the U.S. for riding lifts. There are resorts that require vaccination for indoor dining. That includes Taos, Aspen, and Epic resorts but applicable to different types of dining situations.

Resort lodging is an entirely different category. Aspen lodging requires vaccination. May be other resort lodging but can't think of any at the moment.

Mask requirements indoors for guests are fairly common, meaning for everyone not just people who are unvaccinated. I'm sure there are resorts that require employees to be masked while working indoors, regardless of vaccination status.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva

To Our Tremblant Community,

The ski season is fast approaching and following the latest announcements from Quebec Public Health authorities, we wanted to inform you that we will be complying with all prescribed measures, including verifying vaccine passports or proof of vaccination of guests aged 13 and older using the lifts. Below, please find information related to our mountain operations for the 2021-2022 season in order to offer the best experience possible.

Vaccine passport and proof of vaccination​

For Ikon Pass, Tonik Pass, and Latitude Card holders: Vaccine passport scanning or proof of vaccination verification and identification, will only be necessary one time. On November 6, Tremblant will begin offering two methods of this vaccination validation: (i) In-person validation at the Chalet des Voyageurs and (ii) Videoconference validation (for which you can book your appointment on tremblant.ca/rdv).
I just tried to register for a validation appointment but it looks like they’re booked up. I’m going to keep an eye on this. Wonder if they have other requirements for Americans because we only have our easily forgeable CDC cards?

marzNC

Angel Diva
I just tried to register for a validation appointment but it looks like they’re booked up. I’m going to keep an eye on this. Wonder if they have other requirements for Americans because we only have our easily forgeable CDC cards?
Yes and no. Tremblant may not have special requirements for Americans, but you'll have to satisfy the entry requirements at the border. That will probably requiring pre-travel testing in addition to proof of vaccination. You also have to start using the electronic "vaccination pass."

What I've heard is that in Europe sometimes folks from the UK aren't checked as carefully going to a restaurant or bar that requires vaccination. That may be because they have to prove vaccination to enter the country they are visiting.

Jilly

Staff member
You have to have a valid "vaccine passport" in order to ski in Quebec, PERIOD. So as long as the CDC card is presented along with a picture ID, you're good to go. I think our Canadian version is more difficult to forge as they've been catching quite a few. Our is digitized and has a QR code. That makes it a little more difficult.

And American's will still need the PCR test taken 72 hours before arriving at the border.

I went into customer service on Saturday morning and it didn't take long. But it's still off season. It looked like they were more "kiosk" available when things get busier.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
You have to have a valid "vaccine passport" in order to ski in Quebec, PERIOD. So as long as the CDC card is presented along with a picture ID, you're good to go. I think our Canadian version is more difficult to forge as they've been catching quite a few. Our is digitized and has a QR code. That makes it a little more difficult.

And American's will still need the PCR test taken 72 hours before arriving at the border.

I went into customer service on Saturday morning and it didn't take long. But it's still off season. It looked like they were more "kiosk" available when things get busier.
I did my Tremblant vaccination validation by Zoom and it took all of five minutes. Great system. And yes, anyone coming to ski in Quebec, every resort is requiring the vaccine passport. @ilovepugs, are you coming to Tremblant? If so, DO let me know! Would be such fun to meet up.

mustski

Angel Diva
Palisades Tahoe is keeping it pretty simple:

“Palisades Tahoe follows current CDC and Placer County guidelines for facial coverings/masks. Two or more layered facial coverings/masks worn over the nose and mouth are strongly recommended for everyone in public places regardless of vaccination status. Facial coverings/masks are required indoors and in our enclosed cabins on the Tram and the Funitel for unvaccinated guests. Facial coverings/masks are not required outdoors regardless of vaccination status. As federal, state, or local guidelines change, our policies will be updated accordingly.”

Christy

Angel Diva
Just got an email from Sun Valley saying that masks are not required on the gondola, which will, of course, be operating at full capacity.

Christy

Angel Diva
I had to look it up. Sun Valley says only 8. I suppose that makes it safer than, say, the Whistler Gondola, where the 25 minute ride feels interminable sometimes. But still. If local rules make it so people have to mask in lodges and restaurants, why not do that for the gondola too?

marzNC

Angel Diva
I had to look it up. Sun Valley says only 8. I suppose that makes it safer than, say, the Whistler Gondola, where the 25 minute ride feels interminable sometimes. But still. If local rules make it so people have to mask in lodges and restaurants, why not do that for the gondola too?
I wonder what the mask rules are for the buses in Ketchum. Masks required? Capacity limits? Riding on a bus at full capacity seems more equivalent to a gondola ride of less than 10 minutes than spending time indoors in a lodge or restaurant.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh. 86 Killington employees just tested positive for COVID. It's the largest known outbreak currently affecting a Vermont business. More info here.
I quit my instructor job at Bretton Woods (in New Hampshire) on Sunday. I may go back next season if Covid finally diminishes its threat. The current Covid precautions there for employees were not up to my standards.

I bought a season pass after quitting that will enable me to ski at Cannon and Bretton Woods on weekdays. My lodging locks me into this area now. I can be more protective of myself and others if I'm not tied into a teaching schedule and a locker room, so I'm feeling good about this new normal.

The news above doesn't surprise me. I spent last week skiing at Killington with 400+ other instructors. I ate in restaurants, in the Snowshed loge, and in my B&B inn down the access road. I booted up in the crowded Snowshed lodge. I communed inside and outside with comrades from 8:30-4:00 every day, and got together with others in the evenings. I even walked through a crowded, shoulder to shoulder, bar - to buy a beer. I did this three times during the week, but I sat away from the dense crowd to drink it with friends. No one in there was wearing a mask. It was a blast, and I'm not sorry I did it. I'm guessing the presence of this big event fed into this outbreak at Killington. The mountain was full of instructors all week, Monday-Friday.

I didn't get sick, but it's just luck, not because I was super careful. Another member of my group did come down with Covid, but as far as I know no one else in the group got it.

I'm going to be more careful going forward. Eating in restaurants - nope. Spending time with friends inside - nope. Being casual about pulling the mask up inside - nope. But you know what? Consistency is impossible. I'll probably continue to boot up inside since my boots only allow my feet to slide in if I warm the flaps up with a hairdryer. And I'll ride lifts with friends. And ski with friends. Maybe... mayyyybe, ride a gondola. Or maybe not. The mask will be imperative in a gondola.

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I know everyone hates Vail Resorts but they are now mandating masks in gondolas and trams. Also, you may recall when I was at Northstar two weeks ago, masks were required to go in the lodge EVEN if you weren't eating. I'm all for it. Covid is spreading all over the place. My friend I was skiing with in Tahoe has it (I've tested 4 times since then - both PCR and antigen) and her daughter and another friend.

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
And proof of vaccination to go in the lodge!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly