• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Resort COVID-19 safety rules for 2021-22

MissySki

Angel Diva
Apparently while Sunday River is requiring all staff to mask indoors, it will only be "recommended" for guests. Kind of surprised by that.. However in other places it does specify that masks will be required in Snow school buildings and the ski rental areas. Masks are required for boot, helmet, and goggle fitting. No mention of the masking requirement for the Jordan Spa services, also weird. Masks are required on shuttles and there won't be any bag storage in lodges (or outside of them) but you can bring one in to get ready and then put it back in your car (that sounds horrible, I'd just get ready at my car in that case if it were me). Capacity inside will be limited still, but not sure to what level.

One thing I found very interesting.. if you need help from ski patrol on the mountain, you must wear a mask in order to receive aid.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't understand the prohibition of bag storage inside. So sad; that means booting up in the car, and visiting the car for change of layers. And for getting the lunch you brought. Not fun at all if you're not in the front row of the parking lot.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I don't understand the prohibition of bag storage inside. So sad; that means booting up in the car, and visiting the car for change of layers. And for getting the lunch you brought. Not fun at all if you're not in the front row of the parking lot.

It does stink.. Sunday River does at least have a good amount of parking that's close to base areas even if you aren't in the front row. It's definitely not all convenient to want to walk to with your boots, but I think it's a lot better than some areas unless you get there late.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
@MissySki … that’s interesting about the discrepancy. What do y’all think? Could it be that if a guest gets sick, it’s really NBD for Sunday River - people will get sick, go home, etc….but that if their staff gets sick, in theory - without masks they’d spread it and then be out already hard to procure staff?

Christy

Angel Diva
Since our day use area lodges aren't anything special and we all just boot up in our cars anyway, it is a real treat to me to be able to do that at a proper ski resort with a nice lodge. It's part of vacation. It's actually kind of a disincentive to travel to not be able to boot up and store stuff in the lodge.

MissySki

Angel Diva
@MissySki … that’s interesting about the discrepancy. What do y’all think? Could it be that if a guest gets sick, it’s really NBD for Sunday River - people will get sick, go home, etc….but that if their staff gets sick, in theory - without masks they’d spread it and then be out already hard to procure staff?

I definitely think they are trying to reduce the chance of spread to and between workers because an outbreak could be terrible for their ability to operate. Especially with staff shortages..

For guests I'm wondering if they just don't want to deal with the 1) hassle of enforcement and 2) having different requirements than the rest of the area. I think it made more sense last year to require masks for all when the local communities (and states overall) were requiring the same. It was then easier to follow suit and not have their guests blame them if they didn't like it because they weren't even the ones making the rules.

As a skier there.. I'd have preferred for everyone to be required to mask inside while outside I'm happy to have the choice. Usually I have some sort of face covering anyway, but there were times last year that I was a hot, sweaty, fogged up mess because of needing to mask in line after a run with a lot of exertion. I'd rather the option on that.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

I agree. I hate this.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Requiring staff to be masked regardless of vaccination status means that guests who are extra cautious won't have to wonder if an unmasked employee is in fact not vaccinated but not following a rule for unvaccinated employees to be masked.

These days I stay away from people who are unmasked because there is no way to know their immunity status. Could be someone who is fully vaccinated. Could be someone who had COVID-19. Could be someone who thought they had COVID-19 but was never tested. Around my neighborhood their are a few unmasked seniors. Most likely they are fully vaccinated. But then that brings up the question of their exact immunity status depending the timing of their shots and/or booster shot.

There are plenty of national companies with locations in the southeast that are requiring employees to be masked no matter what their vaccination status is. Doesn't matter what the indoor public health rules are, which keep changing. Also saw that happening around central NY a few weeks ago in places where masks were only recommended for unvaccinated people in a supermarket.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For guests I'm wondering if they just don't want to deal with the 1) hassle of enforcement and 2) having different requirements than the rest of the area. I think it made more sense last year to require masks for all when the local communities (and states overall) were requiring the same. It was then easier to follow suit and not have their guests blame them if they didn't like it because they weren't even the ones making the rules.
The rules for local jurisdictions seem to be changing all the time. There isn't the same consistency as a year ago.

In my NC county, the county has a rule for masking indoors. It's quite a large county in terms of area and population. The large city has the same rule as the county at the moment but it's a separate rule. The smaller towns have different rules. One town just dropped the rule for indoor masking. You can bet if case numbers surge, masks will be required again. Big and small businesses can require masks regardless of the local rule. Some are choosing to do just that so they don't have to keep changing the rule for their business.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There will clearly be regional differences, as was true last season.

The locker rooms with cubbies at Alta were available all season 2020-21. But there are very few free cubbies. There are pay lockers in that room and another one. Both lockers rooms are at the Albion base. There was no place to leave anything at the Wildcat base because Alta doesn't have a public locker room there. Locals and regulars normally use the ground floor room of Goldminer's Daughter. That works for GMD since there is a bar and cafeteria on that floor. Last season that wasn't an option. So everyone who parked at Wildcat booted up in the car if they drove. I'm really not sure what people did who took the bus and got off at Wildcat.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's what Wolf Creek has posted as of early Nov for the 2021-22 season. They have been open weekends since Oct. 16. Expect to be open for 7-day operations starting Nov. 12.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 8.40.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 8.40.21 PM.png

SkiBam

Angel Diva
All Quebec resorts require full vaccination. I just took my pass for the local hills in to be "reactivated" based on my vaccine passport. I gather Tremblant will be the same. Also, I gather masks in lines will be "recommended" but not "required" as last year. And I think required in gondola? Not sure.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I’ve been fairly cautious all along in COVID, but I was pretty lax with my own mask and my kids’ masks when we were outside last winter. To be fair, it’s so bleeping cold in Wisconsin for most of the winter that I just assume that the virus would bunker and stay warm. (I know that isn’t how it works… ;) )

As long as we’re outside and kind of moving, I feel like masks can drop a little. I did wear mine if I was riding next to a stranger on a lift, though. Because with goggles and helmets, you kind of have to turn your head to talk and that felt VERY vulnerable.

Jilly

Staff member
All Quebec resorts require full vaccination. I just took my pass for the local hills in to be "reactivated" based on my vaccine passport. I gather Tremblant will be the same. Also, I gather masks in lines will be "recommended" but not "required" as last year. And I think required in gondola? Not sure.
I suspect we'll hear Monday what's what.

marzNC

Angel Diva
This is what @Jilly posted earlier.

This just showed up on CTV Montreal

"In order to allow them to operate at full capacity, a vaccination passport will be required for all activities requiring the use of a ski lift including downhill skiing and tubing. People must wear a face cover in closed gondolas, though and scarf and neck warmer will be considered acceptable.

A vaccination passport will not be required for outdoor winter sports and activities such as cross-country skiing, hockey, though participants must be able to keep one metre apart, and masks will be required in indoor facilities, like chalets and cabins. A vaccination passport and mask will be required to access catering areas and bars."

Looks like you need a vaccine passport to ski.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Taos recently posted their Winter Operations Plan. Vaccination and reservations will be required for indoor dining at TSV resort food service locations. Tenderfoot Katie's is the cafeteria. The other places are sit-down restaurants. Although not sure exactly what will be offered indoors at The Phoenix. Masking will be required indoors in general. Still no children's program besides private lessons, and no daycare.

For those who haven't been to TSV, the base "village" is relatively small because there simply isn't much land available for any soft of development. There are only a few independent restaurants. A drive down the mountain for dinner takes 20-40 minutes 1-way depending on the destination.

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 12.45.18 PM.png

Jilly

Staff member

To Our Tremblant Community,

The ski season is fast approaching and following the latest announcements from Quebec Public Health authorities, we wanted to inform you that we will be complying with all prescribed measures, including verifying vaccine passports or proof of vaccination of guests aged 13 and older using the lifts. Below, please find information related to our mountain operations for the 2021-2022 season in order to offer the best experience possible.

Vaccine passport and proof of vaccination​

For Ikon Pass, Tonik Pass, and Latitude Card holders: Vaccine passport scanning or proof of vaccination verification and identification, will only be necessary one time. On November 6, Tremblant will begin offering two methods of this vaccination validation: (i) In-person validation at the Chalet des Voyageurs and (ii) Videoconference validation (for which you can book your appointment on tremblant.ca/rdv).

Please note: To ensure compliance with the latest announcements from Quebec Public Health authorities, Passes and Cards of holders aged 13 years and older have now been deactivated for use at Tremblant and will only be reactivated upon proper vaccination validation.

Day ticket holders (Ski-max, multi-day, and others) will need to validate vaccination on-site. A single validation will be necessary for multi-day tickets.

Lifts​

We will operate ski lifts at full capacity. In the lineups, face covers that cover mouth and nose (neck-warmers, balaclava, etc.) are recommended. In the Gondola, face coverings are mandatory.

Chalets​

Access to our different chalets (Chalets de Voyageurs, Fourchette du Diable, Grand-Manitou and Refuge) will require proof of vaccination, except to access rentals, customer service, or the restrooms. Wearing a face cover is mandatory for everyone inside chalets, except when seated at a table. After validation, your ticket or pass will count as proof of vaccination, therefore you will not be required to show your vaccine passport while in the chalets (aside from on-site vaccination validation described above). You will be allowed to leave personal items in the chalets and a maximum of 10 individuals (from up to 3 different residences) will be allowed per table.

Finally, we remind you that basic health measures will be maintained.

• Maintain a distance of 1 meter from persons not sharing a dwelling with you.
  • If you have any symptoms, stay home.
  • Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
  • Wear a face covering when necessary.
With the above guidelines, we are confident you will enjoy our ski hill at its best.

Looking forward to seeing you on the slopes,

Patrice Malo

President and Chief Operating Officer

Amie H

Angel Diva
I went on the Vail Resort website the other day and asked in live chat if EPIC pass members could upload their vax card to their pass profile (we have to upload a face picture, anyway. ) The answer was "No. But I like your idea."

So much easier to get scanned into a cafe/bar than fumble for my phone or copy of my card. I also don't want some rando touching my phone or card to view it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly