• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Resort COVID-19 safety rules for 2021-22

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort will go mask free the 1st! Yes, you read that right, no masks required anywhere indoors or out. County positivity rate up over 390% in one week. Might be closing down for a while.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
So, my FIL is pretty weak and frail … I look at every decision we make through the lens of: what will happen if my in laws (or my parents) need us? So, while I would love to just rip off the Omicron bandaid (and at this point it feels like we’re on an island and the virus is a tsunami) I would also prefer to stay well to avoid any risk of infecting those who might need us.

:(
So, we’ll keep wearing masks when we get looks, and hope for the best. Our local hill is pretty WI, in that few people wear masks and people give you a look if you are wearing one. Luckily, our hometown is still pretty mask-friendly.

Grateful that we’re all vaccinated, grateful that my son will soon be booster eligible, and grateful that my neighbor let me know that when her 13 yo got the virus, they didn’t find out until late and none of the other three people in the house got it. Vaccines work!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m curious, can anyone ground truth whether any of the resorts that say they have all these safety protocols are actually enforcing them? I get checking for vaccination cards; that’s easy to do and to make part of the culture. But none of the places where I’ve skied this season give a hoot about masks even though it’s a state mandate. I can’t imagine a gondola actually having 100% mask wearing.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last season the mask enforcement on our tram was great. They allowed people to ride solo or their party only on gondolas. Lift lines were so-so.

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Pequenita I have done a few days at each Aspen, Copper and Steaamboat this season. Aspen seemed like most people in the lodge were masked when up and about and not eating at their tables. No checking of vaccine cards at entry which I thought had been mentioned as a requirement for either the mountain or by Public Health for the County (can’t recall which). I’m not sure if a lodge falls under the restaurant requirements either? Copper it felt like most were unmasked in the same situation although I did less indoors there,
just bathroom breaks. Steamboat it seemed like more indoor masking than Copper but perhaps not quite as high as Aspen. We did get our own gondola car for all rides at Aspen and I think for all but two or three rides at Steamboat when there were lines. I think with the exception of 1 passenger at Steamboat all were masked who we shared with and opening the gondola windows was acceptable to all the other riders. DH initiated the window opening in all but 1 situation when a gentleman maybe about 70 beat him to it. Didn’t really hear anything said enforcementwise.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Masking in the cafeteria lodge at Wolf Creek in southeast Colorado was quite good the week of Dec. 11. People were wearing actual masks, meaning a cloth mask with ear loops or KN95. Only a few people just pulled up a buff. Not as much masking in the restroom on the lower floor of Wolf Creek Lodge. That's the only one that ever had more then two people in it when I was there.

When the weather was nicer on Sat, Dec. 18, most people sat outside at lunch time.

Last season there was no dining indoors at all at Wolf Creek. Since it's mostly a locals' ski area, I get the impression people are trying to help avoid COVID-19 infections because they know limiting people to the outdoors only could happen if there is evidence of community spread traced back to WCSA.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I’m curious, can anyone ground truth whether any of the resorts that say they have all these safety protocols are actually enforcing them? I get checking for vaccination cards; that’s easy to do and to make part of the culture. But none of the places where I’ve skied this season give a hoot about masks even though it’s a state mandate. I can’t imagine a gondola actually having 100% mask wearing.

Last year mask enforcement at Sugarbush both indoors and outdoors was very strict. This year masks are required in all indoor settings but I’ve been indoors maybe once.

MissySki

Angel Diva
At Sunday River masks are not required inside except in select areas like the ski school and ski rental buildings. I think the signs elsewhere say they are “encouraged”. I only go into lodges briefly if needed to use a restroom or go into the ski shop, so unsure how it’s been overall. Employees wear masks inside from what I’ve seen. Masks are not required in lines, on lifts, or in the gondola cabins of the chondola (which I never use so no idea if people are in them). I’m glad we don’t have any gondolas that actually need to be ridden. I feel comfortable on regular lifts, and I’ve never been a fan of taking skis off for gondola rides anyway.

When I was at Loon last week everywhere inside was supposed to be masks required, but there was no enforcement. I also don’t really personally get the idea of having people able to unmask and eat all over the lodge, mixed with people required to mask while booting up but not eating? I masked while booting up (had gotten ready otherwise at the car to make it quicker), but also just got out asap since so many others weren’t. Some people masked on the gondola and others didn’t, again no enforcement. I sat near the window and opened it.

At Killington last week not everyone masked on the gondola either. There was one guy who was unmasked, talking on a phone through ear buds, and also sniffling REALLY forcefully/loudly the whole time while I pressed myself as far away as I could and reminded myself that I have a constant runny nose out in the cold as well. I sure wanted to ask if he needed a darn tissue though, it was soooooo annoying lol. I didn’t go inside at all while there, which I’m happy about given the big employee outbreak they now have.

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
Well our provincial government is tightening things up. Not that too many of you are heading to Ontario to ski....biggest thing would be no food. There is no indoor dinning as of Wednesday morning. At least this time he didn't close skiing....

marzNC

Angel Diva
Noticed that Mt. Hood Meadows is requiring masking indoors. As of Nov. 23 local county rules meant that masking was not required outdoors. Meaning on lift lines or skiing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna