• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Resort closures

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to awful weather/conditions, some resorts in the east are closing (temporarily, I hope). :(

Here are a few:
Mt Creek (NJ)
Blue Mountain (PA)
Elk Mountain (PA)
Camelback (PA)
Blue Hills (MA)
Wachuset (MA)
Nashoba Valley (MA)

If you know of any more, please post 'em.

Jilly

Staff member
Not faring any better here in Canada.
Blue Mountain - Collingwood, Ontario
Anything around Toronto
Anything around Ottawa except Pakenham and Camp Fortune
Anywhere else is only 2-4 runs instead of 25.
Snow is in the forecast for areas north of the seaway, so Tremblant should get 6" at least. A little R in the forecast, but colder temp's are expected. Maybe that was the January thaw??

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mad River Glen, VT :(

Jilly

Staff member
Wow MGR falls. But Collingwood and Barrie area in Ontario got "lake effect snow" today and should be back in business shortly. Like 8" of the stuff!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Chicago area

Wisconsin-

Wilmot has been closed for a while, but I hear they're making snow now and might open up this week!

Highlands of Olympia closed, plans on reopening 1/13/07

Chrismas Mountain has reopened

Illinois-

Villa Olivia remains closed
Ski Snowstar remains closed
Four Lakes remains closed

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also Magic Mt. is closed.

Suicide Six and Ascutney were closed for a few days, but re-opened today. Both have very limited terrain, 2 or 3 trails, but hopefully they can make more snow and have more by the weekend.

Rough time of the year to be closed, the upcoming MLK weekend. Most resorts had a rough Christmas too. The larger resorts are really struggling, and the smaller resorts have it doubly bad. :(

Thatsagirl

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Diva said:
Just got the word: MRG is opening up this Saturday!

Yes, with Practice Slope and the kid's tow area. At least it's a start...

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All I'm saying is we got a brief spate of snow here in Philly this afternoon.

I'm not saying anything else.

(But I can think it. If I just think it, I won't get jinxed...)

marta

Angel Diva
Mountain Creek update - they won't be able to reopen until the 19th probably. The cold snap isn't going to last long enough for them to recover.

Jilly

Staff member
Blue Mountain - the Ontario one - is opening again this weekend. Also if you are a season pass holder they are offering free passes to the other ITW resorts in Canada plus Stratton till Feb 2. I suppose that with the big bucks you pay for a season pass there, its the least they could do, since you wouldn't have used a pass yet!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The other Blue (PA) is re-opening Jan 11.

From the pics on the website, looks like the guns are blowing!

(don't know how the wet warm weekend weather will be treating the snow though!)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly