• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Resort closures 2020

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would guess Gunstock. Someone facebooked a friend to say he should go over there today since it was open. The levels of irresponsible behaviors makes me livid (and more than a little scared).
Pretty sure it is Sugarbush. They were still open Sunday. (also sign looks like is say Castlerock Pub)

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A little local area in the hills above L.A. just before Big Bear (Alterra owned) called Snow Valley just closed today They say they will continue grooming and making snow (??) in hopes of re-opening but I think thats a huge waste of time. So many comments on their IG about how the should have stayed open. People are idiots

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's official: Vail Resorts has announced that they're closing for the rest of the season, instead of the one week they initially announced. Can't say I'm surprised. And I'm gad for it.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m not sure why they ever said a week to begin with, not sure who in the world thinks it would be fine to resume operations of anything by next Monday.. Good that they got the message out though because I’ve seen a lot of people grasping to that date thinking things were reopening.

Jilly

Staff member
My boot fitter announced very early for him this morning that he was leaving Whistler to head back to Ottawa. Employees must have got the news early on.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m pretty amazed anyone is still open, like how do you justify it when practically the entire industry is closed right now nationwide!?!? Seeing it on social media for places like Waterville as well. Lots of bashing going on from both sides, yikes.. Isn’t Waterville owned by the governor of NH or something? Talk about a conflict of interest of epic proportions..

Mt. High in Southern California was advertising 50% off lift tickets a few days ago for Ikon and Epic pass holders after CO shut down all the resorts. I thought it was extremely irresponsible to try to get as many people to their mountain as possible. And there will be people going and there goes social distancing. I never liked Mt. High and dislike them even more now. I am not sure if they are still doing that now with N. Cal shutting down...

Just checked their website. They closed yesterday but mentioned they’d reevaluate on 3/20 and fully intend to re-open? On their fb page, they mentioned they got 5 FEET of snow...what’s the point?!

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Mt. High in Southern California was advertising 50% off lift tickets a few days ago for Ikon and Epic pass holders after CO shut down all the resorts. I thought it was extremely irresponsible to try to get as many people to their mountain as possible. And there will be people going and there goes social distancing. I never liked Mt. High and dislike them even more now. I am not sure if they are still doing that now with N. Cal shutting down...

Just checked their website. They closed yesterday but mentioned they’d reevaluate on 3/20 and fully intend to re-open? On their fb page, they mentioned they got 5 FEET of snow...what’s the point?!

Waterville Valley in NH is still open and they were advertising $17 tickets today for St. Patrick's Day.. Shameful!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
It's official: Vail Resorts has announced that they're closing for the rest of the season, instead of the one week they initially announced. Can't say I'm surprised. And I'm gad for it.
Heavenly, Whistler-Blackcomb, and Breckenridge MAY open in late April - early May depending on containment of virus and snow.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Well, NH is an outlier. Bretton Woods was open today, March 18. So was Cannon. And I assume Waterville Valley based on earlier posts. As someone on another ski forum commented, NH motto is "Live Free or Die."

March 18, 2020, BW snow conditions webpage
"SNOW REPORTER'S COMMENTS
Good afternoon everyone. We are currently open and the lifts are spinning, and we are planning on continuing operations tomorrow. However, the safety and welfare of our associates and guests is of utmost concern. With that in mind, this is what we are doing: The lower level of the Base Lodge will be open for access to restrooms. Outdoor seating is available. Tickets can be purchased at the outside window. 3 lifts will be spinning.
. . ."

newboots

Angel Diva
We are going hiking in the Whites tomorrow. Wondered about Bretton Woods so we looked at the webcam. Lots of skiers! :bolt:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna