• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Resort closures 2020

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yesterday, the Colorado governor extended the ski resort closure until April 6.

It feels to me as if he is nudging them to voluntarily close for the season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yesterday, the Colorado governor extended the ski resort closure until April 6.

It feels to me as if he is nudging them to voluntarily close for the season.
Makes sense.

April 6 is the date that is being used by some colleges and private schools as their target date for the possibility of returning to campus at the moment. We'll all know more in a week.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maine College of Art started with the extended break until March 30, but the email just came in that they will be going fully online and are trying to figure things out. The semester is being extended from May 1 to May 15 because of the extended break. Now to see how they decide to teach art classes remotely.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I believe that the Vail Resorts have announced that they will not reopen. With the caveat that Breckenridge and a couple of others might if possible.

If things improve by May 1st maybe Mammoth will reopen for spring skiing for a month.

But I am not expecting it.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
April 6 is the date that is being used by some colleges and private schools as their target date for the possibility of returning to campus at the moment.

That was the odd thing ... in the same announcement, schools were closed until April 17 but ski resorts until April 6. That's why I feel he may be nudging them to close voluntarily. And I expect voluntary vs. mandatory has different financial outcomes.

newboots

Angel Diva

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's what Al of Arapahoe Basin in CO had to say on March 20. A-Basin typically is one of the last ski areas to close in the late spring.

March 20, Arapahoe Basin blog
https://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/2020/03/impacts-of-covid-19.html
friday, march 20, 2020
Impacts of COVID-19
The COVID-19 Pandemic has been an unprecedented event, a kind never seen in our lifetimes. The outbreak has brought the local, national and world economies to their knees. More and more of us have a friend or relative or know of someone who has fallen ill. This event is tragic and its impact on the world is enormous.
This is a horrible time for Colorado. Governor Polis has extended his Executive Order to keep ski areas closed through April 6. There is no clear indication of when the ski area will re-open. It seems likely that we are still weeks away. While we have every intention of re-opening The Basin, we have no idea when that will be.
I am very sad to say that we will be letting all 430 of our seasonal full-time and part-time employees go effective April 1. Affected employees will receive two weeks of pay based on what they were scheduled to work after March 14, a $.50 bonus for each hour worked this season and all of their accrued PTO. For full-time seasonal employees who have health insurance through us, the ski area will pay their monthly health insurance premiums for May and June. We strongly encourage each employee to closely track developing government and Arapahoe Basin assistance programs for those feeling financial and/or personal hardship from the pandemic.
Beginning April 1, our 70 full-time year-round employees will go down to ¾ time with the ability to augment their compensation through PTO.
Employees are encouraged to view the FAQ page with more details through their Paylocity Portal.
I am saddened by the chain of events surrounding COVID-19. We value and cherish all the efforts of every employee at Arapahoe Basin. We wish healthiness to all through these troubling times.

marzNC

Angel Diva
With the closing on March 25 of Lookout Pass in Idaho, there are no longer any ski areas in the U.S. open.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly