• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

replacement sole kits for 1990s RE Nordica boots??

GingerSnaps

Certified Ski Diva
Help!! My dear darling boyfriend has his heart set on keeping (and using) his rear entry Nordica N757s. The soles have completely disintigrated and I can only seem to find the smaller Aspen sole kit for them. I need the larger size. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find them? Nordica doesn't have them listed on their website, so presumably I'm looking for kits that have been hanging around probably forgotten for a little bit. The only other alternative would be buying a large enough pair on ebay or something and canibalizing them for parts. I don't like that idea much, as the replacement soles will be as old as the ones that cease to exist.

I'm trying hard to convince him to just get new boots. He can more than afford to, but loves his REs. He's a great skier, and I know he'd be friggin awesome if he would invest in some new (current!!!) gear, but he wants his REs and is content skiing rentals, even on runs that just the idea of scare the daylights out of me at my low level HAHA
*sigh*

mustski

Angel Diva
Try calling Nordica. They may have what you need laying around in stock. It's also possible that soles from different models are interchangeable. Good luck.

Jilly

Staff member
Probably not going to happen. These boots belong over the fire place (or in it, lol)!

I'm surprised that he can still use them. Most boots of that vintage have blown apart!

GingerSnaps

Certified Ski Diva
I don't love the idea of him using them, but until it is abundantly obvious that they can't be found he isn't going to give up on it. The soles were used on a bunch of boots, but I can only find them for 25.5s and under. The larger boots had a different size.

GingerSnaps

Certified Ski Diva
Not finding them just eliminates the possibility of him losing a boot while skiing... I don't mind eliminating that

geargrrl

Angel Diva
A 90's boot? Seriously? He's an idiot because the chances are good that those boots will disintegrate ON his foot, WHILE he is skiing, potentially causing a serious injury. The plastic used in ski boots ages and becomes brittle. There have been some threads recently where divas have posted photos of boots that have blown up or broken apart on the hill, and I have witnessed it twice. Without injury, but still. He needs to get over it and get some new boots.

GingerSnaps

Certified Ski Diva
The boots he has are probably too soft, but that is another bridge we will cross when I can get him out shopping. I think he's resigned himself to letting them go, finally. The parts should have been able to be found with all the ease of the internet if they were available. Time to bring him up to the new millennium lol

abc

Banned
I would have thought these are universal.

After all, bindings are standard so the shape of the sole piece must be the same shape for all brands.

GingerSnaps

Certified Ski Diva
Not for those. They are different from 26 mondo on up. The pads fit a bunch of different styles and searched for them every way to Tuesday. Only found the smaller ones with larger marked out of stock.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stubborn. adj. showing dogged determination not to change one's opinion despite good arguments to the contrary.

Dealing with stubborn people can be exhausting. Not to mention frustrating.

Can I ask why you want to deal with this? (Not judging, just asking)

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stubbornness is my pet peeve. I have to deal with 2 irrational people in my life who refuse to see logic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna