• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rent Pico for the day!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This is actually doable: you can rent Pico Mountain in Vermont for a whole day -- Tuesdays or Wednesdays, since it's closed then, anyway -- for $6,500 for up to 250 guests for a whole day (meals, lodging, and additional guests are extra). That's only $26. per person per day. Sounds good to me!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Can we round up 250 divas +1 or +? for a day on the mountain? Could set up an awesome snowball fight, too! Capture the Flag on skis? Scavenger hunt?

This is amazing!!!!!! $6500?! That’s a serious value.

@newboots count me in! Just need to round up a handful more!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
As much as I'd love to do this as a Ski Diva event, I'm not convinced it's possible. Why? Here are the obstacles we'd have to overcome:

1) Weather. You have to book something like this a long time in advance, and if the weather stinks (i.e. rain, bad winter with no snow, ice storm), you're stuck;

2) Getting people to commit to a specific date, then ponying up the money for said date. For Diva East and West, each person is responsible for their own expenses. This would have to come out of one pot, and collecting can be, shall we say, problematic. People have good intentions, but sometimes they're late, or they forget, or whatever. (Maybe if we opened it up to more than just Ski Divas, but that's another discussion.)

3) I think the most people we've had at a Diva event is between 30 and 40. To make it affordable ($100. or less), we'd have to get at least 65 to make a firm commitment. Possible? I'm not convinced.

So yeah, in theory, a terrific idea. But in actuality, I'm not sure it'd work.

Last edited:

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Jeez @ski diva, way to rain on the parade with REALITY. ;)

This would be an amazing thing to do for a big birthday. You would have to pay out of pocket, but maybe ask for $50 from everyone that shows up and hopefully you get about half of it back. In fact, I wonder if there are any smaller mountains in Colorado that offer this...

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Jeez @ski diva, way to rain on the parade with REALITY. ;)

This would be an amazing thing to do for a big birthday. You would have to pay out of pocket, but maybe ask for $50 from everyone that shows up and hopefully you get about half of it back. In fact, I wonder if there are any smaller mountains in Colorado that offer this...

That's me, Ms. Wet Blanket! :wink:

Seriously, though. It would be fantastic. And if anyone wants to take up the challenge of making it happen, I'm all for it.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe your friend should have her Wedding here?...

Also Plattekill rents their hill for $3500/day I heard

marzNC

Angel Diva
Maybe your friend should have her Wedding here?...

Also Plattekill rents their hill for $3500/day I heard
Advantage to Pico over Plattekill is location. Lots of lodging options near Pico since it's next to Killington. Plattekill is really a day area only. Great fun for that region but definitely hard to reach.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna