• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Renoun Earhart ski

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I took the 156 Earharts out today in wet conditions for a second try . Never skied in snow this wet, but that was not anything to worry about. After the day was over I have decided to hang on to the shorter 149. Reason:. Fun factor. So light, so stable, so easy to ski, and sublime in moguls and choppy powder. Yes, the length is noticeable at speed, but I have a few other skis for those situations.

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, I need to make a decision between the Yumis that I really liked when demoing last week or Earharts, hmm.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
So, I need to make a decision between the Yumis that I really liked when demoing last week or Earharts, hmm.
I think the website said the Earharts were so,d out.

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone know of a demo opportunity in Vermont? I don't really want to buy and mount bindings on a ski until I'm sure I like it.

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess, if you're serious about a new pair of skis, you are probably going to buy bindings. So, you're really only out the cost of mounting which is probably similar to the cost of a top-tier demo... but still... how do you know you "need" them if you can't easily try them :D

MissySki

Angel Diva
Just a heads up, their Money Back Guarantee has changed. It's not 100 days anymore. Check it out here.

Ah thanks for the heads up, 6 months, even better!

I still have a really hard time with not being able to demo in general though. Only because I have demoed skis where I’ve had a very strong negative reaction from the first turn! Lol Seems like too much of an uncertainty when I can test every other ski and buy with confidence that way.

mustski

Angel Diva
Yeah ... I don't know if it's a natural guilt complex, but I would feel awkward returning skis that were perfectly fine. In other words, good skis - just not for me. That's weird.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I reserved a pair of the Earharts ... the science nerd in me just couldn’t handle NOT having the non-Newtonian polymer when I knew it existed.

I figure 6 months from when they deliver will give me a great chance to try them out a few times in conditions that I find challenging (season shoulders are not my jam).

Now I can spend the rest of the summer looking at bindings - which I’ll probably get from our local shop anyway.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know if or where you can demo these skis at WB? Does any shop sell them up at WB?

Renoun skis are only sold online, so sadly, there's no way to demo them at a shop. That said, they have a money back guarantee with every full price ski purchase. Ski them for 3 days to test them out (within 6 months of delivery) and if you aren't in love, they'll buy them back, no questions asked.

Jilly

Staff member
@FayGoneAstray - I do believe if you don't like them, then they are returned to Quebec, not Vermont. So less hassle there, but....I really like the idea of a test drive.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
So stable, so smooth, and so easy to turn. Even in challenging conditions, I felt like I had it, and was stable. Didn’t feel like I got bucked around in 3D snow at all. (the egress to the lift was NOT a delightful path of fun)

Easily boosted my skiing ability by one point on the 1-10 scale.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah thanks for the heads up, 6 months, even better!

I still have a really hard time with not being able to demo in general though. Only because I have demoed skis where I’ve had a very strong negative reaction from the first turn! Lol Seems like too much of an uncertainty when I can test every other ski and buy with confidence that way.
If you lived near me, I'd happily let you demo the Renouns in our test fleet.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
hi… just posting here because I couldn’t think of the best place to post it.

This weekend doing laps at Granite Peak in Wausau WI, the liftie complimented my skis. He said the blue was the best looking top sheet he’d seen all day.

I think DH was a little jealous that his Enforcers didn’t get the compliment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna