• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Renoun Earhart ski

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@ski diva , I knew you'd get the 156, and I sure hope I am not making a big mistake going to the shorter offering; but if not me , who else would buy a 149?:tongue:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cyrus has finally delved into the Womens' ski market with the new Earhart 88. I chatted with them and this ski is considered to be all-mountain and quite playful. It has 2 titanal layers and 8 HDT channels. Softer than the Z line. I suppose we knew he'd develop a ski for this category sooner than later, as this was an area Renoun had yet to enter. The range of skis in this market is already quite full, so I hope this one works well for his company.

I have a pair coming . I will update once they get on the snow!!
I've actually been on the ski in prototype stage. (170cm)
As you can imagine, its a beautifully built ski with the DNA you'd expect from Cyrus.

What I find really interesting is that Renoun and Kästle are both producing women's specific skis while other manufacturers are starting to eliminate women's specific skis in the tone of offering a lighter version of unisex skis in shorter lengths, making it easier for smaller men to find an offering, not to mention larger women who need something stronger.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting, still love my z-90’s, curious to hear your reviews
Completely different turn shape.
Where the Z-90 has more of an on piste bias with the ability to go off piste. The Earhart has more off piste chops.

elemmac

Angel Diva
What I find really interesting is that Renoun and Kästle are both producing women's specific skis while other manufacturers are starting to eliminate women's specific skis in the tone of offering a lighter version of unisex skis in shorter lengths, making it easier for smaller men to find an offering, not to mention larger women who need something stronger.

^This was my immediate thought when I heard they were creating a women's specific ski.

I feel like this is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. I recall a thread from a year (maybe 2?) ago that kind of butchered Renoun for not making women's specific skis. Now I see a lot of comments about how women's skis aren't necessary, just skis that suit (generally) lighter/smaller people.

Are Renoun and Kastle just one step behind in this regard?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^This was my immediate thought when I heard they were creating a women's specific ski.

I feel like this is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. I recall a thread from a year (maybe 2?) ago that kind of butchered Renoun for not making women's specific skis. Now I see a lot of comments about how women's skis aren't necessary, just skis that suit (generally) lighter/smaller people.
Yup!
Are Renoun and Kastle just one step behind in this regard?
I don't know if they're behind. I think both of them were ahead of the game in the premium ski market for skiers, but in the interest of trying to answer to the crying masses, they've gone down the gender road, ...just when others are rethinking it.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
So at my stats (5'1 and 102 ish), would I try the 156? or 149?
I demoed what I thought was the Nordica SA 93 in Taos in 153 but it turned out it was actually a 161 and felt great...... so you never know.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So at my stats (5'1 and 102 ish), would I try the 156? or 149?
I demoed what I thought was the Nordica SA 93 in Taos in 153 but it turned out it was actually a 161 and felt great...... so you never know.
The current SA 93 skis short. The 2021 version skis its full length.
Knowing what I know about you, I'd go for the 156, with the caveat that I am familiar with the length and type of ski you like to ski.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Knowing what I know about you, I'd go for the 156, with the caveat that I am familiar with the length and type of ski you like to ski.
Thanks @SnowHot ! On the way to N* and Heavenly. Boo hoo no new snow!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks @SnowHot ! On the way to N* and Heavenly. Boo hoo no new snow!
Sidetrack:
I'm on I-80 just outside Salt Lake City. We left Reno nearly 3 weeks ago for a bunch of industry events, finishing up at Snowbasin with Amy yesterday. I do have an Epic pass as well as IKON and Mt Rose. Would be happy to ski with you if we can catch a minute.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Sidetrack:
I'm on I-80 just outside Salt Lake City. We left Reno nearly 3 weeks ago for a bunch of industry events, finishing up at Snowbasin with Amy yesterday. I do have an Epic pass as well as IKON and Mt Rose. Would be happy to ski with you if we can catch a minute.
I'll be up for a few days (leaving Sat) but will be back feb 23/27 and at Heavenly mar 1-8. Would be great to ski with you.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have last year's SA 93 in a 161, and they do indeed ski short.
Super fun. Think I want some. Nice short turning radius.. was videotaped the day I had them (unbeknownst to me) and looked fairly decent in the bumps.
Thread drift - back to Renouns !

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have last year's SA 93 in a 161, and they do indeed ski short.
I've been on the 2021 Santa Ana 93 for about two months.
They changed the size runs on the 2021 model and changed the construction to one sheet of metal and changed the rocker profile so it has a bit of a longer wheelbase.
Where I felt the previous SA 93 lacked some oomph and was a tad off in size runs, I'm loving the 2021 SA 93 in 172cm.
My only regret with the new Santa Ana line up is that we've been lacking fresh snow here and I've only had one chance to get on the 104.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I've been on the 2021 Santa Ana 93 for about two months.
They changed the size runs on the 2021 model and changed the construction to one sheet of metal and changed the rocker profile so it has a bit of a longer wheelbase.
Where I felt the previous SA 93 lacked some oomph and was a tad off in size runs, I'm loving the 2021 SA 93 in 172cm.
My only regret with the new Santa Ana line up is that we've been lacking fresh snow here and I've only had one chance to get on the 104.
So I might like the new SA 93 as well? Diff sizing so a 158?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna