• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

RENOUN ALERT

Tvan

Angel Diva
Calling @nopoleskier - let us know if you demo.

Nice range of lengths on this model. Can’t wait to hear what people think about these!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Nice range of lengths on this model. Can’t wait to hear what people think about these!
A range yes, but may not go short enough for me. For a 80mm ski, I think 156cm is probably longer than optimal for me at 5'0", 111 lbs. My AJs are 148cm and 78 underfoot. I enjoyed BP88 @145 a couple seasons ago.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They should be awesome.. I hope I can demo them or they may be another ski like my Z-90's I just buy because I know they are awesome! I was lucky to be in on a discussion about what I liked and didn't like (not much) in my Z-90's regarding the design. Fun giving my 2cents! One of these days, I hope I can meet Cyrus in person to shake his hand!

kiki

Angel Diva
Do we know more about the shape? Is it a shape like the z90 but thinner or more similar to endurance?

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ATLAS (new model): This is basically a Z-90 ski, but just 2mm narrower overall. Flex, sidecut, and camber all the same. From the Prototype description. Not sure if present model is exact.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks like 10mm narrower in the waist: 128-80-113. Full camber design, i.e. no rocker, which is practically a throwback these days.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
This would be a great ski for a wide spectrum of NE/MidA skiers. Also, Renoun has a money back guarantee.....how could you go wrong?

They are pricey, so there’s a large market segment left out, but....they do sell demos skis and occasionally there’s a pair for sale on Pugski (where I got mine). Mine are always as fun to ski as the first time I tried them. I am happy Cyrus is venturing into the 80mm waist category, a category of ski that is really what every skier should own.

Skipotter

Diva in Training
I chatted with Evan at Renoun Ski about the availability of 156 length Atlas because I did not see that length at their site anymore a few days ago. He said that they are already sold out! I asked if there will be any plan for future production of 156 length. His answer was that they do not have any plan for more production because that length is not popular one.

He recommended Z-90 for availability of short length. But I am looking for the replacement for my 4 year old Yumi. Besides I have Ripstick 94w and I love the ski. I was so disappointed that I could not try Renoun’s new ski.
I told Evan that 156 is not short length for women and there will be many more women skiers who are disappointed with no availability of short Atlas ski.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Skipotter the new Yumi gets rave reviews from our lighter Divas unfortunately I"m XL over powered the ski and I do love my Z-90's they have become my 1 ski quiver but I am tempted by the Atlas 80's and I demo'd Liberty 96W's they were REALLY SWEET Ski on frozen in the morning (May at Mammoth) and super in the spring piles later in the day.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, I spoke with them last week and heard the same thing. My main reason for communicating was that I wanted to know more about the ski and the difference between the Z-77 and the 80 Atlas. I was told that the Atlas is more like an upgraded and redesigned 77.

When I bought my Z-77 it was a leftover ski that was brand new, but had been drilled incorrectly for bindings and then stayed that way in the back of the shop for some reason. You never know, maybe someone will return an Atlas and it may become available to a new buyer.

Skipotter

Diva in Training
Actually I was offered to purchase “B” ski Z-77. That ski has some blemishes, but new and good price. It is very tempting for me. Yet a big problem is that I can not return it if I do not like the ski. And I like the graphic design of Atlas better and wider waist size better.

Anyway I spend the whole last season wondering which ski I am going to get.
I finally made a decision, but did not work out. So I have to start all over again. I am leaning toward Stockli Storm Rider 85 now. I am also interested in Elan Intera because I like my Ripstick 94w so much.

nopoleskier, I will demo new Yumi at Stowe in December.

newboots

Angel Diva
I chatted with Evan at Renoun Ski about the availability of 156 length Atlas because I did not see that length at their site anymore a few days ago. He said that they are already sold out! I asked if there will be any plan for future production of 156 length. His answer was that they do not have any plan for more production because that length is not popular one.

I told Evan that 156 is not short length for women and there will be many more women skiers who are disappointed with no availability of short Atlas ski.

Hmm. Not popular, but sold out.

Say what?

Sounds like woman-blindness. Can’t see what’s right in front of them. Women need skis in our sizes!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna