• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Remembering Serafina

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This goes back a few years, but for a while we had an active member here with the user name Serafina. I just learned on Facebook that she passed away. Though I only met her once (I skied with her at Mount Snow), I kept in contact with her through Facebook. She was a funny, engaging person, loved horses and skiing, and always had an interesting take on the world. She was only 55.

Her user name, Serafina, is a derivation of seraphim, or angel. Now she's gone to live with her counterparts. Rest in peace, Lori.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this news. I was just thinking about her. We traded many PMs, but never actually met. She was hilarious - and so knowledgeable about skiing, horses, and accounting. Her blog was very entertaining and showcased her dry sense of humor. I'm so sad to hear this news. Thank you for sharing.

mustski

Angel Diva
I, too, remember her and am sad to hear of her untimely passing. Prayers for her loved ones.

newboots

Angel Diva
That's much too young! Serafina, we have missed you, and will miss you. So very sad.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Oh no. :frown:
I am VERY sad to read this.

I well remember her detailed, descriptive (and witty) posts. She had a great writing style and flair. I also remember her tales about her beloved horse.

A more personal story (although we had never met in person): some years ago, she lost a pair of goggles (or-were they stolen??). She thus had a spare lens that she no longer needed or wanted - and offered it to anyone on the forum who might. It just so happened that it was the exact lens, for color and frame fit, that I’d been seeking. She sent it immediately, priority mail. I asked to reimburse her, and she answered, “Just pay it forward.”

Remembering Serafina with great fondness.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
@Jenny - thanks so much for posting this. Beautifully written obit for a special lady. In thinking back, I believe she had MS.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
What a lovely tribute. It’s clear that she’ll live on in the hearts and minds of those she touched. It’s always stunning to me how small and how large we are as humans.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sad to hear. I had actually been thinking about her recently, and had almost asked on here if anyone knew how she was doing since she hadn't posted in a while. She always seemed like someone who I would enjoy meeting in person, and hoped I would have the chance to at Diva East one day. When my brother was diagnosed with MS last year I remembered her posting that she had MS (which in part is why I had been thinking about her.) She also wrote about being a fiber artist (and about yak hair in great detail!), and my youngest is majoring in fiber arts. And lately I've been getting ads for yak wool/hair clothing in my social media feed, bringing her posts to mind. Sad news.

Tvan

Angel Diva
That sounds right to me, too. I think I remember her posting about some health issues.
@Jenny - thanks for posting Lori’s obituary. There is a longer version on her Facebook page. There is also a lovely tribute from her husband, in which he mentions her MS diagnoses ~2006.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Oh no. :frown:
I am VERY sad to read this.

I well remember her detailed, descriptive (and witty) posts. She had a great writing style and flair. I also remember her tales about her beloved horse.

A more personal story (although we had never met in person): some years ago, she lost a pair of goggles (or-were they stolen??). She thus had a spare lens that she no longer needed or wanted - and offered it to anyone on the forum who might. It just so happened that it was the exact lens, for color and frame fit, that I’d been seeking. She sent it immediately, priority mail. I asked to reimburse her, and she answered, “Just pay it forward.”

Remembering Serafina with great fondness.

I have a similar story: she had a spare pair of Hotronics floating around and sent me a message asking if I wanted them. Like Maine Ski Lady, I asked if she wanted anything in return and she said no. She sent them to me free of charge, and I gave them to my daughter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna