• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

REI member deal on lift tickets

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I know that most Divas have passes to places, but discussions about trying new slopes made me think it might be worth sharing this info here. REI is one of my favorite stores… I try very hard to shop locally, including bricks and mortar of national chains, and we’re lucky to have one here.

Anyway, they have some discounts on resort lift tickets that may be useful: https://www.rei.com/c/lift-tickets
Discounts are 30-60% off window prices.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Very interesting list of ski areas/resorts that have partnered with REI. Several of the resorts are on Ikon, both owned by Alterra and Partners. A few are part of the Indy Pass.

As I remember from getting one in the Boston area several years ago, there are pretty limited numbers of the discount vouchers. The REI store I went to had a whiteboard at the door that showed whether or not there were still any available.

Crystal, WA - midweek
Big Bear, CA
Mountain High, CA
Homewood, CA

Brighton, UT - weekend, night
Solitude, UT

Killington, VT
Stratton, VT
Sugarbush, VT - midweek, weekend
Waterville Valley, NH - midweek
Pat's Peak, NH

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
there are pretty limited numbers of the discount vouchers
I think they’ve changed the process. At the link, it looks like I can add to the cart and have them shipped to me, or have them shipped to the store. They’re really getting into skiing more this year, which is interesting. Between the free machine waxes for members and the shift in ticket process, i wonder if this is a strategic play.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I think they’ve changed the process. At the link, it looks like I can add to the cart and have them shipped to me, or have them shipped to the store. They’re really getting into skiing more this year, which is interesting. Between the free machine waxes for members and the shift in ticket process, i wonder if this is a strategic play.
I think it was possible to buy online in Boston before too. But obviously for people who don't live there but wanted to ski in New England, buying online was only practical approach.

What the ski resorts are getting is advertising to REI customers. Same idea as having discounted lift tickets available for a very short period at Costco. Pre-pandemic those would be regional. I could get tickets for VA or WV ski resorts in Raleigh for only a few weeks in early season. Taos tickets were available only in the Costco in Albuquerque.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Has anyone actually used REI for that wax? I’m so hesitant to use them for any type of repair or maintenance. They really did a number on my bike.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I have not. I did teach myself how to wax our skis. our snow is SO HARD that I don’t imagine the machine wax would last more than 1 run.

neener9r

Diva in Training
I know that most Divas have passes to places, but discussions about trying new slopes made me think it might be worth sharing this info here. REI is one of my favorite stores… I try very hard to shop locally, including bricks and mortar of national chains, and we’re lucky to have one here.

Anyway, they have some discounts on resort lift tickets that may be useful: https://www.rei.com/c/lift-tickets
Discounts are 30-60% off window prices.
UPDATE: As of January 2nd, 2023 :smile:

Discount resorts still available:
- Killington, VT (Single Adult)
- Killington Single Youth
- Stratton, VT (Single Adult)
- Waterville Valley, NH (Single Adult)
- Waterville Teen
- Catamount, NY (Single Adult Weekend & Holiday)
- Catamount Weekend Non-Holiday
- Catamount Midweek
- Catamount Wed-Sat Nights
- Berkshire East, MA (Wed-Sat Nights)
- Berkshire Weekend & Holiday
- Berkshire Midweek
- Berkshire Weekend Non-Holiday
- Palisades Tahoe, CA (3 Pack only, Midweek)

Resorts that don't appear anymore: (hopefully subject to change, they tend to rotate partnerships)
- Snow Valley, CA
- Big Bear, CA
- Mountain High, CA
- Homewood, CA
- Brighton, UT - weekend, night
- Solitude, UT
- Sugarbush, VT
- Pat's Peak, NH

Being a West coaster myself, kind of bummed about the roster change. The closest thing I've found is a Snow Jam membership.
Really pushing people to get passes/memberships this year. I do have an iKon but I've trained a lot of friends & others at Snow Valley, and now the cost barrier to entry is dissuading a lot of new riders. :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna