• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Red Mountain 16/17

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lucky me, I got to spend New Years Day at Red Mountain!

Coverage for this time of year is very good. Still lots of exposed hazards, though a lot of the rocks and boulders never go away, they just get smaller.

12 cm new that morning softened things up, and wind was high so snow kept moving around all day. Finding the best snow was an exercise in playing with aspect and trees to find the sheltered or lee areas and avoiding scoured slopes. And avoiding tracked out areas, of course. Paradise chair went on wind hold for the day at about 10:30, so the number of groomers I skied was zero, which is pretty much par for the course for a day at Red for me.

Great day, big grins in the knee-deep sections, despite the cold wind!

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That sounds like a fun group. I know Jim P, yes. Too bad that's a 2-day weekend for me, or I might go back!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I was at a New Years Day party and a couple I know are leaving January 15 and renting a condo for a month at Red. They go every year and rave about it. Lots of terrain, no crowds. Sounds wonderful.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna