• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Recommendations on Ski Resorts with Daycare

SarahLP

Diva in Training
Hello everyone! We have enjoyed family skiing at Lake Louise and Mt tremblant (& had good morning daycare experiences at both) with our eldest son before he started skiing with us this season. We are looking to travel to Sugarloaf, ME - our second child will be under 12 mths- can anyone recommend the daycare there or any other east coast resorts with excellent daycares/nanny agencies? We would only be looking for a couple of mornings just so my husband and I get a couple of chances to ski together. Thank you- I find recommendations on daycares far more reassuring! : )

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looks like Stratton, Loon, and Bretton Woods all have half-day or full-day daycare starting at age 6 weeks. Mt. Snow and Stowe only offer full-day daycare. Those are the places I think of in VT/NH that emphasize resort lodging that is slopeside and driving distance from NJ/NYC, CT, RI, and Boston.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
i would also say Smugg's Notch b/c they are known for being a very family friendly resort.

we put our LO in the daycare at Loon and she had a fantastic time. they do a great job. when she was older they would take her out on 1 hour lessons in the AM and PM, and they would also take her out for the entire day skiing as well when she got even older.

we have also put our LO in daycare at Hunter but i think there is a minimum age. it could be 18 months but i would check.

best of luck finding something!

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've used the daycare at the following resorts:
Sugarloaf (they were great)
Bretton Woods (also great)
Wildcat (ok, but nothing special)
Attitash (also ok)

Cap'nJazzHands

Diva in Training
Just got back from a week at Smugg's and we put our 11 month old daughter in the daycare there. It was really fantastic! It was really clean and well run, their staff was great with our daughter, their pricing was great, and we received updates and pics throughout the day. I can't recommend them enough, and I will def. consider spending additional vacations there because of that! Oh and the skiing/riding there was just phenomenal, they had everything open because of all those storms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna