• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

recommendations for goggles?

NWskigal

Diva in Training
Looking to replace my goggles...does it matter whether I wear a helmet or not? I tried some Oakley prism googles, but they felt a little big...kept sliding down my nose even after tightening...I liked the way they performed as far as giving me good vision in bad lighting situations...have any suggestions for nice performing googles at a reasonable price?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Recent discussion:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13399
Helmet-goggle interface is very important. If goggles fit your face and helmet properly, they're fine without helmet (but not advisable by most of us here to ski w/o helmet!). If these are slipping down your nose? They do NOT fit you! Sounds like you need a smaller frame. Oakley has many. Keep searching, good luck.

Jilly

Staff member
Oakley has many shapes, styles and sizes. The lense, which is just as important as the rest, can be on any google. I like the persimmon for daylight skiing. I have it in my A frames, DH has in his Wisdoms. So if you really liked the lens, remember the name or colour and get it in the frame that fits your helmet and head!! I went through alot of pairs before I got the right fit between helmet and goggle.

Take your helment with you!

canadianjem

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the Oakley stolkholm...they fit way smaller than most ( I don't look like a bug)

amazon_blonde

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whatever fits is best. I had a hard time - I must have funky cheekbones - and the Smith women specific goggles were the only ones that really fit. If you get Smiths, the sensor mirror is best for low / flat light. If you can, watch for sales, there may be some this time of year.

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another vote for Oakleys! I have two pairs of the Ambush style, one with a VR28 lens, and one with a yellow lens for flat light. I like them because they're quite small and don't take over your whole face. You can see them in my avatar.

beckylh84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a smaller face and have problems with goggles in the past, but I bought some POC goggles this year and they fit awesome. I have the Iris Bug and Julia Comp models. The Julia goggle comes with three lenses that you can switch out-clear, yellow and blue. I have the Iris bug with the multi color strap that has lenses for low light, but they are still mirrored so they are decent if it gets sunny.

BackOnTrack

Certified Ski Diva
I picked up a pair of Dragon Alliance goggs last year for a very reasonable price, and they came with two lenses- one for flat light and the other for bright days. I have a wee face and fit has been a problem for me in that once I get my helmet on, larger goggles come way down my cheeks and nose, but not with these. They don't fog up (nice) and the lenses are easily interchangeable.

The trick is really just to take your helmet with you and try on everything. One thing to be sure to compare is peripheral field of vision, which isn't as obvious while you're in the store.
Good luck!

SkiQT

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the Oakley stolkholm...they fit way smaller than most ( I don't look like a bug)

I agree...I love my Stockholms. Swapping the lenses is really easy and the connector on the strap makes it really easy to put them on and off.

I tried the A-frames on and felt like they were "pinching" my nose making it difficult to breathe.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I liked Stockholms but after I got POC helmet I gave them away because they had a buckle at the back that wouldn't fit under the holding clip on the helmet. They never fogged. I now use POC goggles and they don't fog either. They also fit really well with the helmet - no trace of any gaps, they look like part of the helmet when down.

beckylh84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I liked Stockholms but after I got POC helmet I gave them away because they had a buckle at the back that wouldn't fit under the holding clip on the helmet. They never fogged. I now use POC goggles and they don't fog either. They also fit really well with the helmet - no trace of any gaps, they look like part of the helmet when down.

I use a POC helmet and goggles now and also have no more problems looking like a gaper! I love my POC stuff. By far the most comfy goggles I've had. I hardly notice them on.

Snow Queen Linz

Diva in Training
Just upgraded mine... after much research I settled on Smith IOS. Look killer, lens swap out in no time, they don't fog, and they fit a woman's face. Just orders a Smith helmet- have heard good things about the interface too.

carrieme

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree on the Smith IOS! They fit me well (small face) don't produce that fog/frost since I have a proper seal on those below zero friggin' chilly days.

And in case you're thinking of picking up more lenses for your IOS, keep an eye out on steepandcheap.com. Pick up another IOS (usually sold with awful ugly frames) and extra lenses at extra cheap (~$50). The price is significantly cheaper than buying additional lenses from them directly. Toss the frames/keep it/whatever floats your boat! I just like having an arsenal of lenses to swap in and out from.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I've got Smith I/O. Since they have to fit over my glasses the IOS didn't make it. It takes about 2 min. to switch the lenses when conditions require. I even got a pair of clear lenses for night skiing at Keystone.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My son got me a great pair of Bolle's with Modulator lenses. Used 'em over the weekend in Vermont. If I had to have only one pair of goggles, these would be it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly