• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Re-new skier, help with gear choices?

Alisonpv

Certified Ski Diva
Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you’re on a quick mend. For the future, you may consider drop in prescription lenses if you don’t go for contacts. I cannot wear contacts and am in my third year of wearing goggle inserts. They’re amazing.

Whaaaatttt?? What magic is this?? I’m googling.

Alisonpv

Certified Ski Diva
I'm sure there are different degrees of avulsion fractures. As far as surgical treatment, I was told "at your age" we don't recommend it. Thankfully, mine healed .. I still wear a brace with metal hinges on the sides while skiing though.

I’ll probably poke you next fall asking which brace ;)

captain_hug99

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My warmest base layer is a pair of exercise/yoga pants I got from JCPenney, exertion brand.

I bought my first helmet and googles from Costco, they worked great until I was ready to make a commitment to skiing. I've also purchased goggles from amazon and they work really well.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
My warmest base layer is a pair of exercise/yoga pants I got from JCPenney, exertion brand.

I bought my first helmet and googles from Costco, they worked great until I was ready to make a commitment to skiing. I've also purchased goggles from amazon and they work really well.

I have Smith goggles, but my Costco goggles are actually more comfortable. And also, they sell some fleece lined Felina leggings (long underwear) that are INCREDIBLE as a base layer...super soft, cozy and wick great.

newboots

Angel Diva
I own several baselayer bottoms by Smartwool and others. But my favorites are Helly Hansen capri length. So much easier than folding up the bottom of the legs into cuffs. I have skinny legs but the cuffs get too tight when they are higher than the boot.

I used to use a pair of winter running tights on super-cold days. Thick and warm. North Face, I think. They got holes and I got rid of them, decluttering minimalist that I am want to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly