• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Re. Learning from Books and DVDs

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Had Amazon an gift card and went a little Lito Tejada-Flores crazy... Important note: I'm an advanced beginner, mostly green with some blues, but looking to improve since I just bought my own equipment. Had a couple lessons last season on rentals, and my new skis are probably just a bit advanced for my current level.

My intent is to take a lesson in the new skis but I want to go through the book and DVDs to refresh on some of the fundamentals first. I got:
- Book - Breakthrough on Skis: Say Goodbye to Intermediate Blues
- DVDs - Breakthrough on Skis I Expert Skiing Simplified, and How to Get the Best performance from your Shaped Ski

I know everyone learns differently, but I'd welcome any thoughts -- especially from divas who have read or watched Lito -- on how to pull out the most helpful nuggets to make the most of the material and apply it, and avoid theory overload and trying to do too much too soon.

FWIW we have a non-prime local pass so I'll probably be able to ski 2 - 3 times a month until late Feb. I will take a lesson too, but want to at least skim through Lito's material first.

So, my questions...
- Any thoughts on how best to apply theory to actual use on the slopes?
- Any Lito fans recommend certain sections or parts in particular?
- Any fans want to share tips from his material that turned out to be breakthroughs for you?

Thanks in advance!

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
P.S. If it helps for context I ski mostly in the Mid Atlantic with a lot of ice, hard pack, crud, and slush.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna