• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ragged Mountain (NH) 2016-17 Season Pass $249 until April 15

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The price goes up incrementally after the 15th, but it has no blackout dates.

I like Ragged; it's small, but rarely crowded since it's sort of out of the way and doesn't have condos or a hotel nearby. It has a really nice, charming base lodge, too. Maybe not the best snowmaking and grooming, but not terrible. If you're in that general area, it's a sweet deal.

You can't purchase online, you must call them to buy it.

https://raggedmountainresort.com/

What a great deal. I've never been to Ragged. I am a member of a CT ski club and thus a member of the CT Ski Council and there's always ski council days at Ragged for cheap lift tickets so maybe we'll check them out sometime. I have no idea where in NH Ragged is, need to map it.

Rue Roberts

Certified Ski Diva
I have such fond memories of Ragged. Some of the glades are huge old hemlocks that are simply magical to ski through, and the lodge is one of the nicest ski lodges I've come across. There's a huge mass fireplace in the center with warm alcoves to sit in, and you'll actually be able to get a spot because it's never that crowded. It's all about the tree skiing though, so...

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
it's never that crowded.

I loved the lack of crowds, too, but alas, the inexpensive season pass had changed things a bit. The lodge, bar, and restaurant can get pretty jammed on weekends and holidays, and there are lift lines now. Granted, the lines are only five or six minutes long, and the trails still don't feel crowded. But good for Ragged: it's great to see them doing well.

Rue Roberts

Certified Ski Diva
Ah, yes, hm. I haven't been in a few years. Mixed feelings about them being more popular; when I mention Ragged to skiers even in VT, they haven't heard of it nine times out of ten, which always felt like such a cozy little secret. Oh well.

newboots

Angel Diva
I think Berkshire East is still a cozy little secret. The lodge is packed with racer families on race days, but I can't remember waiting as long as 6 minutes for the lift! If not ski-on, maybe 3 minutes. There's a second lift they open that serves the same area (summit) that they open of lines develop.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't remember waiting as long as 6 minutes for the lift!

The NH locals were irate about the 6-minute lift line; coming from the Poconos I found their complaints to be adorable. I was told more than once: "We don't have lift lines in New Hampshire."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna