• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Racquetball/squash?

wul3

Certified Ski Diva
Anybody out there play racquetball? I play for my college club team and it's my first year playing. There are only two girls (then again, I'm at a male-dominated school) and the other girl is my friend who got me into the sport. I've also started playing squash (for fun not for tournaments) which I actually like more than racquetball. I'm not even that good at either but since there's only two girls I automatically get to go to tournaments.

So any racquetballers out there?

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've dabbled, but I'm a tennis player. I never really learned the rules of racquetball, but I love whacking the ball off the walls - there's something very satisfying about that. Squash took me a bit to get used to of the (lack of) bounce, but I actually do know the rules!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to play in college, but the availability of courts here is very limited. Plus, we get a little concerned about our aging knees when it comes to something like raquetball. I'd rather blow them out while skiing! :D

wul3

Certified Ski Diva
I've dabbled, but I'm a tennis player. I never really learned the rules of racquetball, but I love whacking the ball off the walls - there's something very satisfying about that. Squash took me a bit to get used to of the (lack of) bounce, but I actually do know the rules!
There is totally a feeling of satisfaction when the ball smashes into the walls. Definitely helps with stress. I like squash because I'm a much better front court player than back court player (I'm terrible at ceiling/backwall balls) so it's a good fit for me. Also I'm really bad at tennis...I always hit the ball out and have to go searching once I hit all the balls out haha.

wul3

Certified Ski Diva
I used to play in college, but the availability of courts here is very limited. Plus, we get a little concerned about our aging knees when it comes to something like raquetball. I'd rather blow them out while skiing! :D
Ah yes the knees...I have definitely sacrificed myself and smashed my knees to the ground to make some amazing shots during doubles games (partner's knees are dead). So far I think they're okay. Never had any knee problems before, just ankle problems. Hope they don't start dying soon because like you said, they're needed for skiing. :smile:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly