• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Quote of the Day

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"you can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore", Christopher Columbus.

'yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a myster. And Today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present.' Babatunde Olatunji

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:bump:

Some great quotes here. Worthy of a bump up.

Here's another:

"There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up."
-- John Holmes

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is on a bracelet from Trust Your Journey
A good reminder for me, everyday.
https://www.trustyourjourney.com/product/AC429-290
1001468_10151749058297650_1170196169_n.jpg

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:bump: Bumping this up again. Because it's worth it.

"Believe you can and you're halfway there."

-- Theodore Roosevelt

alicie

Angel Diva
'Willing is not enough, we must do.'

Couldn't tell you who said it, as Google is undecided between Bruce lee, Leonardo davinci and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

I like this one, I have plenty ideas of what I'm going to do before I go swimming but then I've actually got to go and do them.

And my personal favourite is 'Chlorine the breakfast of champions'.
This morning I literally had chlorine for breakfast, I swallowed quite a bit of pool water. Men whilst trying to go fast are very splashy which does not fit in well when you are trying to breath.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I like this, and it's so true:

"Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body."

-- George Carlin

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Shortly after I lost Jeff, I was having a pretty difficult day. I ended up getting some Chinese food for dinner. When I opened my fortune cookie, the paper read:

"The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it."

I reread that often .

elemmac

Angel Diva
For as long as I can remember whenever read a book, I'll highlight, note or dog-ear a page when a quote strikes me. One of my most recent notes was this one...

"Unconditional love is an illogical notion, but such a great and powerful one". - A.J. Jacobs

And one of my favorites from a long time ago is.... "Figure out what's important in life, f*** the rest of it." - Todd Richards

ddskis

Certified Ski Diva
I'm with elemmac- highlight, memorize, or write down quotes from books, movies, poetry, whatever since forever.

I From The Martian-
"I'm going to have to science the sh** outta this." Science rules!

Nietzsche-
"We have art lest we perish from the truth." Art is essential.

Thomas Mullen from The Last Town on Earth-
"A woman whose stare could've knocked down a few trees." I want to be this woman!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:bump: Bumping this up again. Because it's worth it.

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna