• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question for Golfers

SuperMoe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi All

Decided to start looking for some new clubs. I'd like to get a set because all my other clubs are junkers. My husband has TaylorMade and I truly love his clubs. I was looking at the TAYLORMADE MISCELA SET ...wondered if anyone has tried it or what thoughts were.

Hmmm, I smell a trip to King Par in my future:eyebrows:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I golf, thought I'm not accomplished. I have tried a few different brands of clubs in the interest of replacing or adding to the bag, as my golf game improves. I have really liked the Ping G5 Hybrids. No real experience with Taylormade, though I have friends who swear by them.

Most of my bag is full of Lady Bear's because they were an inexpensive way for me to get into it.

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Personally I'd go to a golf specialty store. I'd recommend Edwin Watts, but there are none in your area. Give up any preconceptions on which clubs you want and go swing some - any good store will have an area that you can do some test hits - if you're really lucky they'll have one of those computerized/video swing analysis set ups so that you (and they ) can look at how you swing some different clubs do discover which ones suit you best and feel most comfy. I know getting irons and a driver (different brands, even) that "fit" me made a huge difference in terms of my frustration level at golfing. Don't care what brand etc they are, just find the ones that make you happy, make you better. Obviously you can take your budget into account when trying, but it's really one of those things that you should go "try out" - kinda like skis!

Good luck! My golfing still sucks but at least it's not quite as frustrating!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly