• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Problems using Firefox for Android

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I recently switched from using Opera Mini to access the site to using Firefox because the speed was so much better using Firefox when I accessed Pugski. However, I've seen HUGE decrease in speed accessing SkiDiva. Possibly related to this problem, there are these huge empty squares of space on the page. I've been through the settings repeatedly and cannot find anything that makes the problem go away. Screenshot_20190627-130752.pngScreenshot_20190627-130823.pngScreenshot_20190627-130850.png

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I just tried accessing the site with Firefox, myself, without any of the issues you're describing. Then again, I'm using a Mac. Wish I could help. Maybe @RachelV has an idea?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mine is acting weird too on Firefox and I had a new hard drive put in and can't access the site at all on my laptop. The password reset won't send me an email. Right now Im on my android phone but will be MIA I guess.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is acting weird too on Firefox and I had a new hard drive put in and can't access the site at all on my laptop. The password reset won't send me an email. Right now Im on my android phone but will be MIA I guess.

I can re-set anyone's password, if they don't mind sharing it with me. Via PM, of course.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did you check in Firefox preferences?
Of course. That's why I said there was no switch. And in the app, there's no "preferences".
Screenshot_20190629-131236.png

Really the point is not that the ad doesn't display, but that the box for the ad is HUGE, unlike on Pugski. And I think both sites use the same software? Plus, this site takes far longer to load, which may be due to the same issue (or not). Firefox is a major browser, not some "also ran".

The version is 67.0.3, no add-ons.
Android is an older version, 6.0.1

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had just removed Opera because it was slow as molasses, but I used it for a year and never saw those boxes. It looks sensible, with the ad showing, in Chrome. But I'm trying to toss Chrome because of the increasing privacy concerns. Also, once again, like Opera, it is slow. I don't have broadband, so the more ads and pictures that download, the more things crawl. Sometimes it's like I'm using dial up again. The Pugski site is especially frustrating because it gives you first one button display then another as it evaluates your screen size and I keep hitting buttons that move out from under me before it registers which one I am aiming at, so I need to fix this speed issue and I don't have endless room on my tablet for multiple browsers. I thought Firefox was looking good enough to be the only browser, except for these huge boxes.

Jilly

Staff member
Sibhusky's description would be exactly where the ads are. I use Chrome on my android tablet.

I get a lot of ghosting on the Pugski site with Chrome. But I blame the internet provider for that.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm trying to get some help from Xenforo, the maker of the forum software, to see if they know anything about this. I'll keep you posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly