• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Pretty silly to be kidding about this...

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Guy was asked to pull up his mask and he responded by saying “I have a gun”...

https://snowbrains.com/vail-liftlin...vg7jvz1Wgk0zJs4lHA5F0xIkHiAdr2zM2YP0En2kyslUc
Glad they responded promptly and arrested him. Even if he didn't actually have a gun, I agree that a statement like that, esp these days, could promote panic, and possibly irrational behavior from others (including someone who might actually have a gun, i.e., "the good guy with a gun)". This is akin to yelling "Fire" in a crowded place, IMHO. Hopefully the incident made an impression on others. And all because of a mask...UGH!

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw a strangely similar story on Reddit a couple months ago, also at Vail. Except, it was an argument on the lift about putting the bar down. Apparently he did not want the bar down, and threatened to shoot the person who wanted it down. I wonder if it was the same guy! I'd share the link to the story, but I can't find it anymore.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got back from a week at Winter Park (granted, it was monday-friday) but I found everyone to be well-behaved, considerate, and masked-up. So there's some hope for decency!!
I was there in December and they probably had the best masking compliance of all of the ski resort I visited this winter. They did have very long lines on the weekend back in December before they instituted a reservation system for Ikon pass holders. For the most part mask compliance was quite good in most places I have skied at this winter, so I agree there is hope!

newboots

Angel Diva
I was really unhappy about Hunter early in the season. We had a huge snowstorm and the crowds somehow drove up through a blizzard and all converged on the mountain. Everybody was excited about this huge powder day (it was almost 3 feet), and people were cutting in line, pulling their masks down to shout at their buddies, and generally acting like jerks.

More recently, the lift lines had a guy with a RFID reader (gun), which he was pointing at people but not really making sure the cards were read. More important, he was carrying a sign telling everyone to mask up and cover their noses. It seemed to work!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly