• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Prescription goggle lenses

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
Can anyone recommend a good retailer/brand for goggles that allow prescription lenses? I wear glasses under my goggles (can't wear contacts), but it would be nice to remove the glasses since they get fogged up/smudged much more easily when I have the goggles over them. I'm interested in new goggles that have a good lens for flat light as well. Would appreciate any recs!

mustski

Angel Diva
This particular retailer comes highly recommended and has a wide variety of goggles. You can get the goggle lens RX
https://www.sportrx.com

or

I am looking into prescription goggle inserts, like these. The advantage is that they could be switched to different goggles depending on the type of light. I haven't tried them though.
https://www.sportrx.com/prescription-ski-goggle-insert.html

Also, I have heard very good reports about the Smith goggle with the turbo fan. It's great for getting rid of fogging.

Jilly

Staff member
I ski with a guy that has the insert. Being a Canuck there's no use in me saying where he got them. But the brand was Bolle.

ddskis

Certified Ski Diva
I got the goggle insert from a friend in the biz a few years ago and it’s the bet thing that’s happened to my skiing in years!!!
I use glasses for distance and never used anything skiing and felt half blind I swear! I just tried to make my knees really soft to absorb terrain changes, and got along.
Put the lens inserts in my goggles and voila a whole new world! Can plan my turns and see definition again; it’s great.
The only thing is that glasses sit up against your face and the insert is definitely farther away in goggles. It doesn’t bug me at all although ymmv.
And kids like my bug eyes!

LA Coombs

Certified Ski Diva
We were not able to find prescription goggles for my son so went with goggle inserts. We bought them at sportrx. It made a huge difference for him and he is thrilled with them. Initially he had some issues with fogging, but applying the solution sportrx provided did the trick. I will caution that they only fit in certain shapes of goggles, but sportrx will help you select the right inserts for your shape of goggles.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you considered a helmet with an integrated lens? My friend skis with glasses and a Casco helmet like this. Unfortunately, it is not available in the US. The goggle is far enough away for normal glasses to fit, and because there is air circulation, there is no fogging.

Giro has one, but I have no experience with it. Giro Essence MIPS

Attachments

• Casco helmet.jpg
    Casco helmet.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 0

gladrun

Diva in Training
I ski with a guy that has the insert. Being a Canuck there's no use in me saying where he got them. But the brand was Bolle.

Jilly, if you do know where he got them I'd love to know! Based in Vancouver and looking for some of these for my husband.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna