• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Pre-season jitters?

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First day this season I thought I'd literally forgotten how to ski. Like, completely, hahaha. It didn't help that I didn't start off on a cruisy green run, went straight for blues - next time I might start on the green for my first run :smile: I felt like I was remembering how to ski more and more with every run though! I'm sure the same thing will happen to me next season. I think it's completely normal!

Jilly

Staff member
God I'm getting long in the tooth. Been skiing for 58 years. I always start EVERY day on a green run. It might be only a 1/2 way run, but always green. Then to a blue, then a groomed black.

One year I was making my last run before lunch, and did the total yard sale on the front face at Tremblant. As I accessed my physical situation and realize that everything was OK, I started laughing. This kind lady comes up to me and says..."are you OK, that was a really bad fall!". I'm OK. I say back to her..."Well I glad we got that over with early!" No more spectacular falls that year!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly