• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Powder skis / fatties

eng_ch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skiing in Europe we generally tend towards narrower skis than you guys (apart from East Coasters) and we're pretty well set there. However last year we were doing quite a lot of powder (God, it's just like learning all over again!) and as I'm off to the Snowheads pre-season bash in 4 weeks, which coincides with the Momdial du Ski testing event at Les Deux Alpes, I was thinking about testing some fatter skis.

Now it's most unlikely there will be any powder there at all at the beginning of November, and I'm not looking to buy as I want to get my technique down properly on 72mm first (much like learning to drive a manual car before an automatic) but have you any suggestions of skis that are worth a try?

My list currently consists of (subject to availability):

Head Sweet Fat thang
K2 Phat Luv
Amplid Infrawhite
Scott Rosa
Scott Mission (the latter may be whichevre of the 2 is available or a direct comparison bewteen unisex and female equivs)

Anything else I should be looking at?

Jilly

Staff member
I love my Rossi Z5's in the loose stuff. We had a powder day last January at Mont Tremblant in Quebec, Canada, more like "freshies" to the west coasters. They worked great. The shovel and underfoot is large enough to float, yet it's a great carver on the regular days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna