• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Powder Highway - full service catered and guided huts & lodges

echo_VT

Angel Diva
hi there,

thought this would be a good a group as any to ask the women out there if you've been to a hut on "Powder Highway" in Canada - and what were your thoughts? would you return? were the accommodations and fellow skiers friendly to women?

i am set to do a week long tour at one of the huts, and it's specifically a women's only week. if i love it, i want to explore and do additional weeks (for winter 2019-2020 since huts are already mostly booked for this coming 2018-2019 winter), but i worry a bit about being persuaded to ski something i'm uncomfortable with - safety wise or just ability wise.

i just really don't want to have that conversation in a room full of men who think i don't know anything b/c i'm a woman. and well yes, i don't know much b/c i'm new to the sport, and i'm also very conservative b/c i'm new to the sport. hiring a guide for myself is one thing, and thankfully the guide i did hire was extremely conservative which i really appreciated. but when you have to go with the group and you have to make compromises - this is another thing entirely. i would rather not miss an entire day of skiing b/c i thought what the group chose was too risky for my level but not having any other options b/c i won't go with the group. i have my AIARE level 1 for reference and i am a decent black diamond skier but not a very confident double black diamond skier.

if you've been to a hut, where was it and what would your review in this context be?

geargrrl

Angel Diva
My thought: when you are at the women's only week, that is a good time to take the pulse and see what other women think. Who knows what kind of connections you'll make?!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
now that people are getting ready for the ski season, i'm interested if you've had a positive experience at a hut in Powder Highway :smile:

echo_VT

Angel Diva
bump for this post. i would love some hut recommendations from fellow ski divas. powder highway preferred but i am open :smile:

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Most of the huts I've heard of up there are heli ski operations where they fly you in for a week of backcountry. Is that what you are after?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna