• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

PM/Conversation Issue

Jenny

Angel Diva
Has anyone had problems with Conversations since the upgrade? I started one, but when the person answered back there was only part of the answer there, and no way for me to add an answer unless I replied to my original post. This was on my desktop. When I checked the tablet it was the same way, but then I remembered that my email alerts me when someone answers, so I looked there and the whole reply was in the email, so it wasn't that there was a problem on the other person's end. Plus, I kept getting kicked out when I was on the tablet.

@ski diva - I have a screen shot if that helps illustrate what I mean.

Desktop is Window 7 Professional, tablet is an ipad that I just updated to the latest iOs - 11.3.1.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm having the same issue with that conversation and have sent Wendy a ton of screenshots. Doesn't matter what browser. I got an error when it first posted, tried to post again, ended up with two copies, removed one, now can't see your reply. Will go to email. Got that same error by the way when I tried to start a new conversation with you.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
By the way, I had answered that question so often lately that I actually made a copy of most of it for future use, so here's the part I saved:

It depends on the season. There's two things at work here, the lakes and the weather. The lake immediately below the mountain needs to freeze. Otherwise, it's pushing humidity into the air as it releases its summer heat. So, if it freezes early, then that issue is finished until March or so. Then we've got weather and prevailing winds. Generally, the weather is coming from the West. A look at a topo map will show that due West of the resort there's a valley and that the next range is somewhat lower than its elevation. So, clouds (think snow) have lowered a bit before they smack into the mountain. This is great for snow, not so great for visibility. If we have a really COLD winter, that humidity from the lake or the precipitation coming in will freeze INSTANTLY in the air and onto anything it encounters, hence the snow ghosts, and when cold enough, the diamond dust and sun dogs and light pillars. I'm talking single digits when I say "cold". Those super cold days are gorgeous and you can see for miles. But it might be a warmer winter and you'll be happy for a day that's just overcast. The last two winters the visibility has mostly sucked because they were La Niña winters, with tons of snow. And most of the non-snow days weren't that cold. I think it was three (or 4?) winters back that it was cold a lot and low snow and the were few days to complain of. I'd love to recommend a timeframe that's better, but really can't. Maybe mid-January?

... There was a bit more, but I don't think it was substantive. Something about you might be lucky to get two weeks of no fog, but no more than that.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Well, here's mine, too.

Thanks.

Attachments

• A7333818-5288-4448-958D-13D74828D102.png
    A7333818-5288-4448-958D-13D74828D102.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

marzNC

Angel Diva
A couple times when I've finished a Conversation post and click on Submit, nothing seems to happen. But if I don't click on Submit again and refresh then I can see that the new post was posted. I'm using Mac OSX 10.13.4.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone tell me if the messages that were cut off before are still appearing cut off?

Jenny

Angel Diva
Posted my reply and then couldn't get the screen to show it. Got the same Oops error that sibhusky posted above. Logged out, logged back in, couldn't keep a connection long enough to post again.

Logged out, cleared history, logged back in, same problem.

However, it seems to be limited to,the conversation area, because I didn't try going back there on this log in and haven't been kicked out yet.

Sorry @ski diva - didn't mean to cause you all this trouble!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
No, really, I need to know if there's a problem. Please know that I'm trying to get this fixed. Just bear with me; it might take a bit.

Elinor

Certified Ski Diva
FYI, I use an iPad and a desktop Mac, and haven't had any problems with the (wonderful) PM system. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly