• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Plus-sized ski gear

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's a cinch I don't even look at Patagonia at this point to know what sizes they have. Same with any of the trendy, high tech brands. I know I can get functionally sufficient stuff from LL Bean, Eddie Bauer, and Lands' End, as I've been using them since I was a more fashionable size. Once I got above a 14, it was a waste of time to even look at the "cool" brands. I know where I CAN find it, why would I go through the hassle anymore of looking where experience has shown me the selection will be just incredibly depressing? I can't even remember the last time I bought clothes in a store. Might be 15 years?

LPski

Diva in Training
Lot's of good, thought provoking stuff in this thread. I just wanted to chime in and say last year I ordered and tried many pairs of pants and bibs. I just got back into the sport after a long hiatus and needed to buy everything. At 5'4" and a little over 200 pounds I ended up keeping and really liking a pair by Columbia called Wildside. They come in plus sizes and I took a 1X. They are more high waisted than other pairs I tried, which works for me at age 50 and carrying more weight in my stomach than I am used to. The pants have their Omni Heat tech so they kept me very warm. Notice I said I liked these, not loved. I guess I just wish there were more choices available for plus size women...

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
I've gained some weight and have had trouble finding anything that works pants-wise, but the Patagonia insulated Snowbelle pants are okay. They're too large in the waist (of course), but it's the only brand I've found that fits the butt and thighs. I'm 5'4" and wear a size 12 in regular pants and got the Patagonias in XL short. L would be a better fit in the waist (and I don't love the waist adjuster), but probably too tight in the thighs. The fabric feels like good quality at least.

Brands I tried and did not succeed with were Flylow and Stio. We definitely need more choices.

newboots

Angel Diva
@Analisa - Thank you for blogging on this topic. So important to keep prodding these manufacturers and keep exposing their thinly disguised bias.

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Happy New Year, friends!

I wanted to share a blog series that I've started, in which I showcase the process by which I make a perfect pair of pants: https://rckbt.me/2020-the-year-of-the-pants/

The next post in the series (coming out on Saturday) tells the tale of my search for ski pants, and then goes on to explain that I'm going to start with hiking pants (because they're easier to fabric source, manufacture, etc). If you're keen to follow along, there's an RSS feed, or you can follow me on twitter/instagram/etc.

But suffice it to say: by the end of 2020, I will have a pair of hiking pants available for sale for sizes 14-22, and if that goes well, I'll have ski pants in the hopefully not too far off future!

(By all means, if you want to really talk through stuff, please don't hesitate to DM me - I'd love to hear more about what's currently missing in the market from y'all's points of views!)

newboots

Angel Diva
This whole sorry problem strikes me as (1) "more of the same, sigh. . ." or (2) "stupid companies! Get real!"

I am a large or a 12, but so many things I try on won't fit around my middle. I have long legs and arms, so going up a size seems like it should work, but it doesn't. I swim in the 14, unworkable. Sure, I want to lose that weight in my belly. But even if I do, I'm short-waisted and things usually don't fit that well even then.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's what NWSalesConnection replied to my comment on the article - Note, I am not affiliated with this company in any way! - just passing along good information about a possible alternative resource!

"We’re located in SC. We have worked on perfecting our size specs for plus size ski wear for the past several years. We listen carefully to our customers and fine tune our sizing every season. We even carry short sized plus ski pants in sizes 1X-6X, in several colors. We also carry men’s big and tall sizes up to 7X. I talk to customers daily, that are so happy to have found our site. We know that plus sized women should have great technical and fashionable options in ski wear and swimwear. We have a new line called Snow Country Outerwear. Technical, cut for curvy plus size women and fashionable styles and colors! We’re a small business and we love what we do! Nothing is more rewarding than hearing wonderful feedback from our customers.

judeb

Certified Ski Diva

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
32degrees, where I recently bought a puffy jacket, has plus sizes in some styles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna