• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Plus size ski gear

Arc9405

Diva in Training
Hello ladies! Im looking to connect w other plus size ski women. Im 5'4 and about 230 lbs. I learned to ski last winter w my children. I struggle to find equipment/gear that fits properly. Boots in particular - i bought a pair of Tecnica boots w 3 buckles last year but i still struggle w circulation issues. I hope im not alone in this??

mustski

Angel Diva
Welcome to the forum. Circulation issues may or may not be related to your "plus size" description. I am 5'2" and 140 lbs and constantly struggle with boot fit. Where are you located? A good boot fitter can usually figure out the issues and solve the problem. Sometimes, it's the craziest things! As to clothing ... a few of the divas will no doubt chime in on the issue.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are some threads on plus size ski wear - someone may be able to dredge them up. I seem to recall SunIce getting high marks for good plus size outer wear.

As for boots, did you get them at a fitter, or buy them off the shelf? You would be amazed at how different boots can be and also what a fitter can do. Where do you live?

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Welcome to TheSkiDiva! Bounceswoosh is right. I love my Sunice jacket! Their size XL is really extra large, not size 12. :wink: Obermeyer has some nice things in extended sizes, too.

What do you mean when you say circulation issues?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Older thread, I know. But since on Sierra the clearance items seem to run more towards the s and xs (or maybe it just seems that way since those are not my size) I thought there might be some divas that would want to know that today I saw some Smartwool baselayers on clearance in a 3x.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna