• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Please, take head injuries seriously.

canannie

Certified Ski Diva
Should I be looking for specific things in kids' vs adults' helmets? And how big does a kid get before switching to adult helmets? I'm sorry if this is so basic that it's been covered multiple times somewhere else.

I would suggest going into a ski shop that fits the helmets. All depends on the head size some children wear bigger helmets which would be adult smalls.They usually measure with a tape measure. Different makes could be different also. Some are adjustable which are great for growing kids. An all round snug fit that is not going to move around on your head are the best fit. I know mine fits larger when I remove my balaclava.
Here is a link

canannie

Certified Ski Diva
Two weeks ago an acquaintance of mine's son fell down the stairs and thought nothing of it. Got up and laughed at his embarrassment and went on his way. He died two days later from a brain bleed he didn't know he sustained. He was 30 years old. It's not a badge of honor to be the tough guy who is fine. If you hit your head, PLEASE go get a CT scan.

Very sad indeed

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the reminder (although I've been pretty paranoid since Natasha Richardson died). We upgraded our helmets to MIPS this year even though I had just bought a new non-MIPS helmet the year before. While it's certainly not a get-out-of-jail-free card, there is good evidence behind the technology and with all the money we spend on skiing, helmets are not the place to save a few bucks! We're also getting MIPS bike helmets.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are there any recycling options for old ski helmets? I'll be getting my 3rd new helmet at the end of this season and it seems like a lot of plastic to just throw away.

I donated mine to my ski area hotel. Sometimes in a rush to get to the mountain, guests show up with no helmet. I was told it would definitely get used.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The ice skating rink at Okemo takes donations; others might, as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly