• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Playlist update?

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I don't think this has been discussed since 2012, so maybe time for an update?

I skied listening to music for the first time and it really added to my enjoyment. So I'm looking to add to my playlist (currently with a sad 8 songs...). What are your recommendations?

MissySki

Angel Diva
I don't think this has been discussed since 2012, so maybe time for an update?

I skied listening to music for the first time and it really added to my enjoyment. So I'm looking to add to my playlist (currently with a sad 8 songs...). What are your recommendations?

Recently I’ve been obsessed with Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper (after watching A Star is Born a couple of weeks ago..) and Cardi B’s I like it Like That. Lol

I also have a bunch of country right now on my playlist (Old Dominion and Brothers Osbourn high on the list) and for some reason Eminem really gets me amped up when working out or skiing.

The list goes on, I’m pretty all over the place with my taste in music!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I do mine by mostly artist/album, then pull the tracks that just won't do off the playlist.

Here's what's on mine:

U2 -_Joshua Tree (all)
R.E.M. -Green
Led Zeppelin-Physical Graffiti, II, Houses of the Holy
Christina Aguilera - Stripped
Janis Joplin - Pearl
Sting - 25 Yr Box Set
Prince & the Revolution Purple Rain
Stevie Wonder Definitive Collection
Adele - 21, 25
Thievery Corporation - Culture of Fear, It Takes a Thief
Nirvana -
Humble Pie - Smokin'
Al Green - Greatest Hits
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Moby - 18, Go
Allman Brothers - Live at The Fillmore
Joss Stone - Color Me Free
Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way
Crystal Method - Tweekend
Traffic - Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
Big Head Todd & The Monsters - Live Monsters
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Jeff Beck - Jeff Beck

____
Must-have tracks - Just a few :-)

Love Shack B 52s
Pusherman Curtis Mayfield
Can't Your Hear Me Knockin' Rolling Stones

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Highway by Beeker
Don't Stop Me Now by Queen
Bad Habit by the Looks

That was hard!!!

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This year's favourites (by a whisker):
Eez-eh by Kasabian
Long Snake Moan by PJ Harvey
Tie your mother down by Queen

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just about anything from ODESZA would be my top picks. I've got a couple of their albums that we listen to on our way to/from skiing, and my one regret about not being willing to listen to music while skiing is that I don't get to ski to this stuff.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I only listen while skiing when solo.

I don't listen as a matter of safety - my home mountain draws enough people that one really needs to be able to hear what's going on around you at all times when you're on the runs. Idiots popping out out of the woods onto the runs without checking for oncoming traffic, reckless teenaged males rocketing along at speeds that exceed their abilities, you name it. Thank heavens our snow is loud, so we get some warning when there's a fool sharing the run with us, or an out-of-control skier or rider barreling down from above. If I could ski early on weekday mornings, when it's just experienced adults (mostly) on the hill, I'd probably be cranking the tunes.

lucy

Angel Diva
Oh! Great thread. Thank you, I need some new tunes. My top three this season...
Ug Ug Ah, The Grits
Bad Habit, The Kooks
Get Some, Lykke Li (just ignore the lyrics and go with the beat)
Turned up not so loud that I can't hear my surroundings but just loud enough to add a little courage and spunk to a run. :smile:

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Eclectic playlist for chairlift and trails when appropriately safe:

Wade in the Water, Dieter Reith
We Trying to Stay Alive, Wyclef Jean
Still Into You, Postmodern Jukebox
Get Together, Big Mountain
Only You, Pacha Massive
We Found Love, Postmodern Jukebox
Summer, Postmodern jukebox
Pretty Pimpin', Kurt Vile
Big Brown Eyes, Old 97s
Mary, Mary, Run-DMC
Cosby Sweater, Hilltop Hoods
Wait So Long, Trampled by Turtles
Turn on your Love Light, Grateful Dead
Torn and Frayed, Rolling Stones
No Time to Play, Guru
Carry me back to Old Virginia, Jerry Lee Lewis
Gin Instead of Whiskey, Morning 40 Federation

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got bluetooth headphones and started skiing while listening to music after hearing people rave about it for solo skiing. I used them on my recent Jackson trip but was never alone so had to have one ear bud out the whole time. I would usually turn on the music before and run and stop it at the bottom.

I have never limited music on my phone and specifically downloaded the artists I like most to listen to while on the slopes.

Thirty Seconds to Mars
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Linkin Park
Walk the Moom

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Some of these songs are NSFW, but you might find something in here to inspire ;)

Here's a link to my Riot Grrrl Spotify playlist

And my hip-hop Spotify playlist

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Wow, some great songs I never even heard of!

I would have never thought I'd be listening to music while skiing with my kids, but my son recommended just putting one ear bud in. Perfect! I can hear both my music and the people around me. I was even listening to music in the trees!

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You can share playlists on Spotify :smile: As long as the person creating has left the playlist open to the public, you can follow that playlist and it will show up in your list. Look for the "Follow" button under the name of the playlist you're interested in, click it, and then find it in your "Playlist" list. You can also click on someone's Spotify handle and see what other playlists they may have created if you're digging their vibe.

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My brother and I call small soft skier made bumps "chunky monkeys" and then I caught him singing brass monkey by beastie boys and now it's one of my top ski tracks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna