• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Planning for 2021-22 already!

bambam

Angel Diva
Except for Deer Valley, the resorts with limited days for Full Ikon are Partners that are independent resorts that aren't owned by Alterra. So each Partner's owner makes a decision about what access to provide to Ikon holders. Alterra uses Ikon as the unlimited season pass for their resorts. DV has a unique history and the DV-only season pass costs around $2500.

Wow, DV is pricey - is that without blackouts?

bambam

Angel Diva
So many details to consider! I never even thought about where my ski club might go! (To be fair, this season was my first with the ski club and I didn't go on any long trips. Some of them did - Telluride, Gore, and Smuggler's. I don't know what resorts are planned for next year.

Our CT Club ended up cancelling all trips due to Covid concerns, but a friend went on a trip to Jackson Hole with a N.J. club that is a member of the CT Ski Council & she had a blast & lots of snow. Don’t think I would have been willing to go on a plane

Christy

Angel Diva
Except for Deer Valley, the resorts with limited days for Full Ikon are Partners that are independent resorts that aren't owned by Alterra. So each Partner's owner makes a decision about what access to provide to Ikon holders. Alterra uses Ikon as the unlimited season pass for their resorts. DV has a unique history and the DV-only season pass costs around $2500.

Point taken that it's unusual for Alterra to do that, but if they did it at DV, then they can do it at Crystal.

One thing that's unusual about Crystal--it's within 2 hours of almost 5 million people. There's no other Alterra ski area with that kind of population pressure. The Denver metro area is closest, but significantly smaller, with more ski area choices nearby.

Crystal's season pass used to be more expensive--they could hike it back up.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Point taken that it's unusual for Alterra to do that, but if they did it at DV, then they can do it at Crystal.
Crystal's season pass used to be more expensive--they could hike it back up.

Certainly a limit for even Full Ikon could be considered for Crystal. But there would have to be an unlimited Crystal-only pass. Would there really be that much interest?

How about a well thought out parking reservation system?

Long-time DV passholders are . . . influential. Fair to say that many weren't happy with the sale to Alterra. I read some online comments on the DV blog at the time. I have the sense that continuing to limit access except for DV-only passholders might well have been a condition of the sale. The owners of DV also owned Solitude at the time. Deciding to sell DV was probably quite a different process than selling Solitude to Alterra a year later.

marzNC

Angel Diva
A few more examples of smaller mountains that have next season's pass on sale already, potentially for a limited time. Definitely pays to look around at your favorite local areas in March in case there is an early bird offer that makes sense for your situation.

First example is Blue Mountain in PA. Second is Cannon in NH.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 9.36.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-04 at 9.36.34 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
DV has always been pricey! I have purchased the IKON pass specifically to do five days at DV. It paid for the whole thing right there! And I used it at New England resorts as well.
At the same time, the service level at DV is far above the usual ski resort. Free overnight ski storage is one service that I noticed, although we only did a day trip so couldn't take advantage of it. There are also two levels of free mountain tours, the usual green/blue and a tour for advanced/expert skiers.

DV remains one of three ski areas/resorts that are for skiers only.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A few more examples of smaller mountains that have next season's pass on sale already, potentially for a limited time. Definitely pays to look around at your favorite local areas in March in case there is an early bird offer that makes sense for your situation.

First example is Blue Mountain in PA. Second is Cannon in NH.

View attachment 15107View attachment 15108

I've never had a pass at Blue, but from what I understand that's a pretty substantial early bird price hike from last year.

Montage has early bird season passes on sale right now. $399 for new members, $349 for legacy members (aka current year passholders). That's a $100 and $50 increase respectively from last year's $299, so not bad for returning members.

newboots

Angel Diva
The resorts are probably scrambling to return to profitability. I expect there will be price hikes at the bars next year! The bar losses must have been a big hit this year.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The resorts are probably scrambling to return to profitability. I expect there will be price hikes at the bars next year! The bar losses must have been a big hit this year.

I looked up how much I spent on last year for ski season, that is for restaurants and what I described as wine beer and fun on my spreadsheet! Obviously I haven’t done any of that this year! And I may just have justified a pair of skis and still be making out like a bandit compared to what I spent last year! So I am quite sure the mountains and towns would like to be back in the food and beverage business!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Agree that it's been a very tough winter for all resorts. Although the southeast has actually done very well because Mother Nature has been very helpful.

Much depends on whether or not a ski resort is actually 4-season resort. There are situations where the summer season is has more weeks where lodging is at full capacity than during the winter season when there are only a few weeks related to holidays when it's hard to find lodging.

newboots

Angel Diva
@Abbi , you and I have not had ANY wine, beer, or martini fun this year! :-(

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looks like Berkshire East, Catamount, and Waterville Valley are all offering spring skiing to people who buy a pass for 2021-22. WV even sent me a postcard. Guess I gave them an address when I was there a few years ago.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Saw promo ad on FB from Ski Big 3 for Banff. Hard to pass for this early bird package, esp. with good cancellation policy. It offers Ikon & MCP pass holder discounts too. One week hotel stay is $600 CDN - $1000 CDN. With the exchange rate, it is a steal. (aware of border closing but we can always hope and be optimistic!)

Website will prompt you to select currency: U.S. / Canadian. Select Canadian, U.S. does not work for some reason.

SkiBig3 Early Bird 2021/22 promo link

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.22.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.22.51 PM.png

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Saw promo ad on FB from Ski Big 3 for Banff. Hard to pass for this early bird package, esp. with good cancellation policy. It offers Ikon & MCP pass holder discounts too. One week hotel stay is $600 CDN - $1000 CDN. With the exchange rate, it is a steal. (aware of border closing but we can always hope and be optimistic!)

Website will prompt you to select currency: U.S. / Canadian. Select Canadian, U.S. does not work for some reason.

SkiBig3 Early Bird 2021/22 promo link

View attachment 15348

View attachment 15349
I wonder if the US booking link doesn’t work because they aren’t accepting US reservations unless the border opens? But agreed — an excellent value!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly