• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Planning for 2021-22 already!

kiki

Angel Diva
Well, I see two of our local hills already have the 2021-22 early sales for season passes started, I expect the others to come soon. Now the debate begins
-Which hill handled COVID best this year, which will be best next season?
-What do we think next season will hold, will there still be reservation systems etc like this year?
-How do prices compare?
-After all the hassle this year am I ready to tackle another Covid era season?
-Will I do the Nordic option upgrade?
-Will I get the insurance?

Yesterday one of the local mountains (Cypress) already sold out of one class of passes for next year. Crazy!

are you seeing this in your areas? How are you feeling? What are you debating about next season?

marzNC

Angel Diva
The of the Colorado mountains that caters to locals has started sales for 2021-22. Monarch is offering the rest of this season, plus next season for $539. Had a good time checking out Monarch a few weeks ago. They were limiting tickets sales and Saturdays were selling out, but I doubt they'll want to do that again next season.

ONE PASS
TWO SEASONS
Ski and ride the rest of this season
...and all of next season
This pass gives you unlimited access to Monarch Mountain for the rest of the 2020-2021 season and ALL of the 2021-2022 season. Benefits include on mountain discounts for the current season and partner resorts for the following season only.

newboots

Angel Diva
Wow, I'm not ready for this yet!

I now live near the Catskills, and I've tried out Belleayre, Windham, Hunter, and Catamount. I liked Catamount and Windham the best. Catamount's pass would also admit me to Berkshire East, I believe, which was the mountain where I first skied and where I always saw friends from my old hometown. Windham has the Ikon base pass as an add-on, which is very tempting. I could ski 5 days at several Vermont resorts and catch up with friends there.

But I have only been one day at each of those resorts. The conditions were amazing on each of those days - we've had so much snow this year! I'm going to ski each of them again during March and then, we'll see.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I am so lucky to have an abundance of options near me.

Bolton Valley has released its early purchase pass pricing. Uphill usage at the resort continues to grow in popularity, and I see now that the Nordic/backcountry/uphill pass is now $200 if you want to include anytime uphill access, or $100 for weekdays only. Dr Pugs and I talked about getting the uphill + night skiing pass which is $300. Because the pass grants access beginning March 1 of this season, I think we will have a good chance of at least breaking even. We use BV trails year round (summer hiking) so it’s right for us to support them.

Other passes to round out the collection? We are considering full passes to Mad River Glen. I’ll keep working on my skiing progression this season and take lessons next season as well. Dr Pugs loves it there so much. We have until October 15 or so (the early pass deadline) to make a decision.

We will consider the multi-resort mega passes. I would probably be fine with a season of no snowboard lift access (except at night), but we’d like to travel. Leaning towards IKON right now (even though I miss Stowe!) —especially since Diva West will be at Banff. We’ll also need to see where Dr Pugs’ annual surgical conference is held. If there’s ever a conference to feel safe sharing the slopes with, it’s the trauma surgeons’ conference. Help is only a few feet away!

Finally, do I buy a pass at Cochran’s? Four passes starts to border on the ridiculous. I think I’ll donate to the organization and buy a la carte if I feel inspired to go (maybe for $5 Friday night skiing!). I don’t really want a season pass there anyway, I can skin up in slightly more time than the T bar takes and I find that more fun. The lesson price includes a lift ticket.

Edit: looks like the conference will be held at Big Sky, so IKON Base it is...

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday River has not started offering 2021/2022 passes yet, but it’s usually in the next week or so that they are announced. The past couple of years have had a Platinum option New England pass which is unlimited skiing at Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Loon and also includes a base Ikon pass. If that’s offered again I plan to get that, I was going to this past year until it became clear that I wouldn’t need an Ikon since I wouldn’t be traveling.

Might consider an Indy pass as well since Saddleback is now on it..

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The last 2 years I think Ikon went on sale March 5--I'm wondering if they will stick to that same time frame this year or if it will be later since everything seems to be different nowadays.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The last 2 years I think Ikon went on sale March 5--I'm wondering if they will stick to that same time frame this year or if it will be later since everything seems to be different nowadays.
Willing to bet that Ikon and Epic for 2021-22 will become available around the same time. Probably true for the MCP as well.

The Indy Pass hasn't gone on sale until early September. But I would expect some announcements in the next few months. The price is very unlikely to change. The $200 price point is part of the mission of Indy to keep skiing affordable for people who ski under 6 days a season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just realized that Timberline in WV has their season passes on sale already. Timberline installed RFID, along with the first 6-pack detachable at a small independent hill in the region. With the terrain available, it's a good alternative to Snowshoe (Alterra, Ikon) for people who live in DC/NoVA/Pittsburgh. It's day-trip distance for people who don't mind driving 2-3 hours one-way. Ohio is also close enough. Wish they would join Indy.

$251 for Any Day
$209 for Mon-Fri
$167 for once a week, Mon-Fri

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just realized that Timberline in WV has their season passes on sale already. Timberline installed RFID, along with the first 6-pack detachable at a small independent hill in the region. With the terrain available, it's a good alternative to Snowshoe (Alterra, Ikon) for people who live in DC/NoVA/Pittsburgh. It's day-trip distance for people who don't mind driving 2-3 hours one-way. Ohio is also close enough. Wish they would join Indy.

$251 for Any Day
$209 for Mon-Fri
$167 for once a week, Mon-Fri
Oops, those are the rates for Jr or Sr. Still good deals for anyone who can plan on skiing Timberline 5+ days next season.

$359/251 for Any Day
$299/209 for Mon-Fri
$239/167 for once a week, Mon-Fri
Adult vs Jr/Sr rates

marzNC

Angel Diva
New England Passes went on sale today so I've reserved mine as a Platinum which includes the base Ikon pass for 2021/2022
Interesting, Boyne has a rollover option for someone who changes their mind and doesn't use the 2021-22 pass before Dec. 10, 2021. Wonder if that means Ikon will also include an option to defer. Hmm . . .

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 11.26.17 AM.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
Interesting, Boyne has a rollover option for someone who changes their mind and doesn't use the 2021-22 pass before Dec. 10, 2021. Wonder if that means Ikon will also include an option to defer. Hmm . . .

View attachment 15091

Yeah, I'm thinking many places might still hedge their bets for next season since there is still uncertainty of what things will be like then. Sunday River will also take passes off sale after April 30th to assess and makes no guarantees that the same products will be back again just like what happened this season.

BMR

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
New England Passes went on sale today so I've reserved mine as a Platinum which includes the base Ikon pass for 2021/2022
Thanks for flagging. I just went in and renewed our New England Gold passes since we are planning on skiing at Loon again next year for sure.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, have been wondering about Ikon and if deferring would be an option again for next year. Will be interesting to see what they do. Looking forward to upcoming announcements.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yeah, have been wondering about Ikon and if deferring would be an option again for next year. Will be interesting to see what they do. Looking forward to upcoming announcements.

Yeah the New England Pass Ikon Base doesn't go by Ikon rules, so will definitely have to see when that comes out. The way the New England Pass works is that if you rollover it includes both passes and you cannot rollover if you've used either already, they are a package deal. So not indicative of whatever Ikon will offer.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The NY ORDA mountains (Whiteface, Gore, Belleayre) will start selling season passes for 2021-22 on March 17. New passholders get spring skiing access.

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 12.53.43 PM.png

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Wow, I'm not ready for this yet!

I now live near the Catskills, and I've tried out Belleayre, Windham, Hunter, and Catamount. I liked Catamount and Windham the best. Catamount's pass would also admit me to Berkshire East, I believe, which was the mountain where I first skied and where I always saw friends from my old hometown. Windham has the Ikon base pass as an add-on, which is very tempting. I could ski 5 days at several Vermont resorts and catch up with friends there.

But I have only been one day at each of those resorts. The conditions were amazing on each of those days - we've had so much snow this year! I'm going to ski each of them again during March and then, we'll see.
@newboots Check out Elk Mountain, if you haven't yet. It's a great little local area -- I used to live 20 min from there -- skied every day! They have night skiing, too.

newboots

Angel Diva
@newboots Check out Elk Mountain, if you haven't yet. It's a great little local area -- I used to live 20 min from there -- skied every day! They have night skiing, too.

Sadly, I am over 2 hours from Elk. I do have a sweet little local mountain, though, Thunder Ridge. $285 for the senior midweek pass! 30 minutes away.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sadly, I am over 2 hours from Elk. I do have a sweet little local mountain, though, Thunder Ridge. $285 for the senior midweek pass! 30 minutes away.
Midweek at a small hill can be a great time to work on technique. One of the benefits of getting the season pass at Massanutten was that then going for an hour or two at night or when conditions weren't the best still seemed worth the effort. Mileage matters after a certain stage. But it's harder to spend time on drills when skiing with friends at a big mountain.

The 1-day Elk Women's Clinic I went to several years ago was very good. It was done on a few Saturdays. There are groups at every level from beginner to advanced. Elk has a very well respected ski school with one of the best trainers in PSIA-East.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly