• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Planning ahead

Skiwino

Certified Ski Diva
My ski club has a trip planned to Park City 2/4/19-2/8/19. This coincides with FIS World Freestyle Championships. I wonder how this will impact crowds on the slopes, particularly at PCMR. I haven’t committed to the trip yet. Any thoughts?

Jilly

Staff member
Having been at the WC moguls at Tremblant last year....there were a lot of people around, but they were and were not skiing. Depending on where the events are placed, spectators walk and do not ski to the venues. Most are there to watch the event or be seen at the event, or have sponsored tickets and are there to party. That said, I have a friend heading down for it from Canada.

marzNC

Angel Diva
From what I know about Park City and the type of folks who spend a ski vacation there, I don't think the slopes would be much more crowded during a Freestyle competition that's midweek than a non-holiday week with no special event. Parking might be more of an issue but for a ski club trip, I assume that includes lodging at or near the slopes and transportation from/to the airport. If lodging was fully booked like it can before for a holiday period, then a ski club would be unlikely to get a rate low enough to make it worth arranging a trip.

While early Feb is during mid-season, those who are hoping for the best snow conditions are more likely to wait until after Pres. Day to head to Utah.

Skiwino

Certified Ski Diva
Thank-you for the response. Lodging has been arranged close to Main Street and the Town Lift, as well as transportation from the airport. Rates are reasonable. I will probably go, as I do enjoy the camaraderie with other club members.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Thank-you for the response. Lodging has been arranged close to Main Street and the Town Lift, as well as transportation from the airport. Rates are reasonable. I will probably go, as I do enjoy the camaraderie with other club members.
How many days of lift tickets are included? There is no question that ski club trips are a good value.

Skiwino

Certified Ski Diva
Lift tickets not included, but most in our group have either an Epic Pass or Ikon Pass, making Park City a good choice. I have an Epic Pass.

Christy

Angel Diva
I've been to FIS alpine world championships and even that takes up a relatively small part of the mountain, and freestyle would take up even less than a downhill. The big effect would be lodging, I'd think, since teams, media, etc can take up a lot, but if you already have that then I don't think you'll be affected much.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Depends too on whether the event is on the PC side or the (former) Canyons side. It is such a big area, that you could likely avoid the venue completely unless they've scheduled events at both locations.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna